Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Dammit
Contributor

Work

I was told by a GP that I have to give up night work  due to my severe MH but my phycologist plus other phyciatrists have said that because I have done it for 35 years it wouldn't really be a problem  who do I listen too

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Work

Hi @Dammit ...what are your own thoughts? I think if you can manage the night work despite your MI, then it would be good to continue as long as possible. Do you feel you are managing the night work at the moment?

GeminiLion
Senior Contributor

Im not sure what MH stands for. But generally I would say the decision is going to be ultimately yours. The GP can give you medical grounds to stop work if that is what you wish to do. The physchologist and pyschriast have provided their "opinion". I guess it depends which of these medical professional have you been interacting the longest with and who know you "personally" and your medical history. Its a decision that is ultimately going to be yours and it can be daunting but you need to make the decision and be comfortable with the outcome

I've only ever done work most of my working  life  I have no patience  for people or day work  so I think day work  is out  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance