Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

-karma-
Community Elder

Where in the world...

Some of you are well seasoned travellers, others are more comfortable in their own backyards, (so to speak)...

this leads me to ask, where is your favourite place in the world?

For those who speak better in pictures rather than script, you know what to do!

I'm not going to steal anyone's thunder, so I'll let you start this one, and maybe I'll join in later, unless of course I am challenged, giggle Smiley Very Happy

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Where in the world...

Hi all,

Good topic Karma.

I've been back and forth across the Pacific more times than I care to count, starting when I was a 4yo. I have to agree with Dorothy - "there's no place like home". Give me the Victorian bush, and the river - nowhere else feels quite right. I love other parts of Australia, and Canada too - but Vic is defeinitely where I belongSmiley Happy

Cheers, Kristin

Hi Karma, Kristin and fellow travellers through this forum,
Challenge on Karma! Where is your favourite place?
And is it just the one?

Me, I have several..my heart belongs to a specific part of italy where I lived for a couple of years..but too far to travel to easily. so now I am content to be near water, any kind. Lakes, streams, puddles, baths, pools, rivers, beaches..I don't mind whether it is sunny or rainy I just love to be near it.
And I cheat..sometimes I go for a drive and park where I can see water if I am too lazy to walk!
BTW Kristin, you can call me Sandy, that's my preferred shorter name😄

This is my favourite place Smiley Happy Lalomanu Samoa

lalomanu_1.jpg

Take me there now, where's my Teleporter? Dang, not invented yet..sigh...is there good snorkelling there?
It looks perfect

I too am waiting for the " teleporter" as I am a dreadful claustrophobe. I have lived in most of Australia's states and now live over the ditch in New Zealand...where I am very happy and content. I live very close to the mystical Whanganui River and the sea. On clear days I can see Mt. Ruapahu wearing his mantle of snow sparkling in the sunlight.

But the most beautiful spots I have close to my heart in Oz are a bluff overlooking the Arcadia National Park in western Qld., and an outlook over the Kerry Valley near O'Reilly's in the Lamington National Park also in Queensland. I also love the big sky and the great wide open of the interior!

I think I have to say I'm like Dorothy (Wiz. Oz),

'there's no place like home'.

One of the most amazing places I've stood is in the Marrakesh market in Morocco! Snake charmers, live animals, spices of every colour. A memory never erased: smileyhappy:

Got any pics you can post of Marrakesh? Would love be to see some..

Marrakesh market in Morocco!

Yeah! And do you remember the 'Dentists,' Sitting cross-legged alonside their baskets of collected, already-pulled teeth. And their tools...knives and pliers!

I went for a long walk; out of the Medina, to the suburbs. Along the way I began to collect a growing posse of children.As they followed me, they were cheering and clapping.

Eventually I stopped to watch a bunch of teenagers playing a scratch game of soccer on a dry dirt pitch.They invited me to play with them. I can play a bit, so I was very happy to join in.

Every time I got the ball my new crew got very excited, and when I scored a goal, the celebrations were wild.

That must be what it's like to be Ronaldo, Rooney, Beckham, Messi...

Now, if I could, I would employ a Mariachi band to follow me around when I wanted to make an impression.

Would love to see some pics😄
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance