Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Christheart
Senior Contributor

What's every body up to tonight?

What's every body up to tonight?

The new SANE home pages freaked me out. But it looks nice 😊 I just hate learning to navigate new spaces. I will get used to it. 

What is everyone up to tonight? I hope you are well. 

I met a new person today who was very kind and sweet to me. She was a lovely lady. 

I've just started reading Persuasion by Jane Austen, I finished Pride and Prejudice a few nights ago. 

I think I'm going to light some candles and have a cosy night reading and drinking tea. 

💖🫂 Hugs 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What's every body up to tonight?

@Christheart wrote:

The new SANE home pages freaked me out. But it looks nice😊 I just hate learning to navigate new spaces. I will get used to it.

I got hit with that, too. But now it looks like it normally does again. Was that a taste of what will become our new normal layout on here?

I must say, I'd love to know the rationale behind the new SANE sign with the stretched-out "N". Perhaps there's a good reason behind it that I can't see, but from my point of view, I can see it being somewhat problematic. IMO, it makes the word look visually distorted, like your looking at a normally written sign in a fairground mirror. And with the all too common societal prejudices about mentally ill & suffering people being "distorted" people, or people with "mental distortions" or "distorted thinking", a distorted sign might send the wrong sort of message about what sort of people belong here.

I don't know. I'm probably just too critical and/or pessimistic.

What does everybody else think?

I personally don't like any of it but I really don't adjust to change well so that's probably why 😹

I think the old layout was fine. But I suppose things need updates every now and then. 💖

Bless you, friend @chibam 

I can see @Paperdaisy tagged both of you @Christheart and @chibam in the post about the new look website. It also caught me off guard too! Even little changes can take some getting used to though, and thats ok. 

And @Christheart sounds like you had a lovely day and a nice cosy evening planned. I've never read any Jane Austen, which book should I start with? 

I just ate dinner with my housemates and might play some video games before bed. But just nice calm ones. 

What are others up to? 

@TuxedoCat 

Hi friend. I love your user name and dp! Cute! 😊

I think Pride and Prejudice is quite easy to read, and it is wholesome and funny 😊

Thank you for sharing 💖🫂

@Christheart well funny and wholesome has me sold!

Enjoy your cosy evening ❤️ 

Hey @Christheart 

Well I just logged on and it threw me too! I'm thinking before long, we'll all be used to it but changes are often hard, big or small! It's one of the things I need to learn how to manage more. Even the change of season can affect my mental health. Last year when my youngest child finished school it was another change I struggled with - no more kids in school and I wondered who I even was anymore. My friends were like, now you have more time for you, but I didn't see it that way. Anyways, my little 2c worth on change. Hope you have a great day. 

hanami 💮

I don't like the way it makes thread titles default to ALL CAPS - it makes it seem like everything's more EXTREME than it might actually be. I may have to install a night-time filter on my browser, too, it's just too stark.

I hate the new layout and I hope they change it back. 

Meggle

@hanami 

You're gorgeous. The seasons affect me too! 

Do you like art? 

If I had more time (I work full time) I would like to paint and learn piano. 

Xo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance