Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Bow
Senior Contributor

The good, the positive and the uplifting

I often see images and want to share them here but never know where to post them too. 

F3D5E73A-5C08-4602-ACB3-5149D4BD6B39.jpeg

889E72F0-0687-4FB8-845B-CD0CFCCDFFF6.jpeg

080E52CE-D616-4454-B575-E2D86F638A96.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13

Re: The good, the positive and the uplifting

84113E7A-AF96-438A-A2D7-27045D4557E0.jpeg

E61739B9-2833-4918-838B-445B848D65EE.jpeg

Thank you for sharing these inspirational quotes @Bow . I was only going through some tonight.

DEB9C630-5D7B-428E-886A-74834ED84965.jpeg

@Bow  

“The voices weren’t much fun in the beginning. Part of it was simply my being uncomfortable about hearing voices no matter what they had to say, but the early voices were mostly bearers of bad news. Besides, they didn’t seem to like me much and there was no way I could talk back to them. Those were very one-sided conversations.”

— Mark Vonnegut, “The Eden Express: A Personal Account of Schizophrenia”

“As well as being one of the worst things that can happen to a human being, schizophrenia can also be one of the richest learning and humanizing experiences life offers.”

— Mark Vonnegut in his “Letter to Anita” at the end of “The Eden Express: A Personal Account of Schizophrenia”

@Bow   now that my medication has silenced the voices the magic has gone ..... i miss them....

Oooh I love this thread!

I'm going to post one of my faves that helped me through some dark times when I was growing up - Boggle the Owl!  💓🦉

boggle3.jpeg

boggle2.jpeg

boggle.jpeg

Oh I like boggle @Peregrinefalcon 

reminds me of the conversation I had with a case manager on Friday…. Promised to not engage in ED behaviours all day yesterday, that I needed to do something nice for myself. But if I wasn’t able to do that, I wasn’t allowed to then be hard on myself. 

Love that! Great advice. So important not to beat ourselves up and make ourselves feel worse. Easier said than done sometimes, but it all takes practice 💜

A581B366-E8EA-43B4-B330-917771F899E7.jpeg

I love this thread @Bow  and others who've contributed. This little passage is from one of my favourite writers Matt Haig:

Don't envy things you wouldn't actually want.

Don't absorb criticism from people you won't go to for advice.

Don't fear missing parties you would probably want to leave.

Don't argue with people who will never understand you. 

Don't believe anyone has it all figured out.

Don't imagine there is an amount of money, success. or fame that could insulate you from pain.

💓💓💓

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance