Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Highlight of Your Day thread

@Mazarita - Thanks. It's been driving me bananas. Have you always knitted?

Does anyone know if there's a crafty kind of discussion/thread around? I searched but couldn't find. I'd love to be part of that too!

IMG_3001.JPG

Happy Birthday @Former-Member. Thanks for the tag, glad your computer is tagging tonight. I've just come through the lowest week I've had since I've been on the forum but am having an ok day, almost normal me. I'm glad you've had a lovely  'you' day. 

@CheerBear, I loved knitting from when I was a child. Mum mostly taught me, with my Nana a little too. But there's been more years of not knitting than knitting in my adult years (partly due to expense of wool). Just got back into it again last year when I found a great source of yarn, and knitted a few things. The jumper is my biggest project since taking it up again. Smiley Happy

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything about crafts. Another thread to start? Smiley Very Happy

Aww thank you @Former-Member! I know, and I'm at the same computer, I don't know what was wrong the other night?

I'm really sorry to hear how low you've been this week. Having said that.. I'm also really glad today has been a good day. The night always ends and the sun always rises 🙂 (another piece of music that helps me when I'm feeling sad) Have you done anything differently today that has helped pick up your mood? 

Wool is so expensive @Mazarita! Great to hear you're back into it though. Are you able to share a photo of your jumper?

I'll upload a couple of pics here of the work in progress and save the finished one for a craft thread another time. It's a giant mandala blanket (by giant I mean giant!). The green in the bottom pic is what I finished off today and got excited so I started the purple. 

20170401_160120-580x1031.jpg20170401_155916-1032x581.jpg

WOWWWW @CheerBear 😮 Heart THAT IS SPECTACULAR! 

So beautiful and colourful.. I can imagine it will be a very therapeutic blanket to snuggle under and read my book!!

I am in awe of your amazing talent!

Thank you @Former-Member 😊 I'm just following a pattern (that even has youtube tutorials). It's very therapeutic, when I'm not pulling my hair out or wanting to chop it up with scissors... haha

Wow @CheerBear, awesome! I love that it's a mandala and beautiful bright colours. If you start a craft thread, I'll post my jumper there when it's finished. About wool, I purchase it online now from a place in Bendigo, comes in 200g balls and locally made.

Thanks @Mazarita 🙂

I'll definitely check out wool/yarn supplies online next time then! Great idea.

Craft tread sounds great. Looking forward to seeing your knitting.

Off to sleep - waaaaaay past bedtime for me now.

Thanks for the happy pre-bed feels everyone!

I haven't done anything @Former-Member for my mood to improve so drastically. I'm not really sure what has happened. Thanks for the music. Not sure if you read but I cried buckets at the last piece you shared. It was really beautiful though. I was just an emotional wreck at the time. I've had lots of things that have smashed my mood of late too so I know where much of that has come from. I guess I can just see what tomorrow brings. I hope you have a good week 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance