Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

Had a gf mad about Bryan Ferry.  I like the social critque.

Watched "Nowhere Boys" last night. Its about John Lennon when yound and early Beatles.  Have you seen it?

Smiley Happy

Oh Harry Vanda and the bassist are Dutch. Isnt it great to be able to check all that stuff.

Apparently Johnny Young was too ... originally a de Jong.

Have you had a good break from work or does it just stress you money wise?

TAB
Senior Contributor

No haven’t seen doco @Appleblossom . I fell out with the Beatles many decades ago. Even off Stones now? Ok must be depressed. Thanks for asking re work/money. I got 38hrs over 3 days this wk but that’s a bonus har decided done for year re work. Yea just a Flash in the Pan re Vanda and Young. Never really liked them. Liked acdc tho re other brother 😀

I did not strongly relate, just went to gigs my gf got me in for free, and Easy beats were a bit before my time, but I have the score for Friday ... am collecting popular songs for project.

Smiley Happy

Thats an intense 3 days. Hope you got penalty rates.

TAB
Senior Contributor

Ni such thing as penalty rates here @Appleblossom just same flat rate as was 10 years ago.only realising Im poor this last bit. Well I always was. Just spent a lot more

Ah dear workers rights have really gone down hill.  Dont get me started on the casualisation of the work force.

@TAB wrote:
Ni such thing as penalty rates here @Appleblossom just same flat rate as was 10 years ago.only realising Im poor this last bit. Well I always was. Just spent a lot more

TAB
Senior Contributor

Yeah wont go there @Appleblossom but staggered how people get 50-100% more than 10 years ago and I get the same yet worse conditions and way higher work expectations. Time for a change

Pay rates seem a bit of a bluffing game these days.

I worked at Arbitration Commission once and it seemed there were justifications and reasons for different rates.

People jump too easily to the cool tough talk of whether one earns 50K or 100K or is worth ... 6 mill etc etc ... it has just put me off

That said at the zoo another vollie was trying to assess "how much I was worth" .. testing testing ... $50 or $30 per hour ... watching for my reactions. ... 

I am just over it.  I did not flinch or smile. I am too old.

When I was 16 I liked the idea of triple time on New Years etc ... but its only a part of life.

I lost respect for the "dollar worth game" when my ex husband was playing himself off against the child psychiatrist and I was pleading for life and death and basic needs.  The child psychiatrist seemed to care more about what was going on in our family than the father of the 3 children.

TAB
Senior Contributor

I think the Living Wage and Housing as a right are interesting ideas @Appleblossom ..well they claim the reason behind negative gearing and even small business tax perks are for the benefit of all somehow, whereas all that happens in the first case is that houses are turned into and turned over as profit vehicles with some people owning many. In the second case, the idea behind tax perks for businesses was because they create employment, yet most dont and will do anything to get rid of jobs these days, yet their 1960s tax conditions stil persist..

TAB
Senior Contributor

Hi @Bill16 saw you there lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance