Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Thanks @tyme 

I wish I could share but I can’t yet 👀

Christmas has always been a hard time for me too but the last few years or so have been better now that I have my family. I also used to volunteer on Christmas Day. Maybe that’s sometibg you could do? Its really nice to give back to people and helps you still find some joy in the day 

@tyme thanks for wonderful cuppa. Cheer me up. nice ,warm,caring,kind. Hope all will enjoy.

You haven't had Maccas in a while.... @ArraDreaming ... don't stress.. I can't say you are missing much lol!

It's better to wait for your Xmas dinner lol! Otherwise, have the curry! I'd rather go with that...

Yes exercise does help when we're in a dark mood, @ArraDreaming, it helps lift the mood alittle, and gives you a bit of stamina. I did an upper body workout this evening for nearly an hour. Apart from anything else we're stronger the next day, so it's like giving ourselves a present each time.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning.- Just reading your views re : exercise. Wow @Abner what a good way for looking at exercise. Very inspiring 😊.

Good morning also @Meowmy and @ArraDreaming @Bow.

Yes @Former-Member, I told my GP when I saw him on Wednesday that on Tuesday I completed a 45 minute continuous jog. He replied "Gee, that's good! I can do a 60 minute walk, but I can't jog for as long as 45 minutes." and he's quite a bit younger than me, so getting that kind of feedback makes me feel that I'm really quite strong, and I feel I've not only achieved and am achieving something but am adding to the ability. Because of my upper body exercise and strength, I'm now beginning to be able to balance and do leg-up exercises on my parallel bars; not that I'll ever be a gymnast mind you, but that's impressive...and I'm getting a washboard stomach too...and I'm 58 years old, so you're never too old for this stuff.

This morning I bought some horticultural sand online to fill my weighted vest, so can add some weight to my jogs.

Meant to be a work and I’m not couldn’t get a half a fuck to be honest

Sorry to hear you're in a bad way @ArraDreaming. I'm here if you want to chat.

Hey @ArraDreaming ,

How are you? Sounds like it is still tough, eh?

Is it sunny on your side today?

I'm here if you'd like a chat.

tyme

and then what will happen? @tyme @Abner everyone will just tell me I am idiot like I don’t already know that 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance