Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Share a cuppa?

Hi @Abner. pleased your day went well yesterday.

Just wondering what you are watching on Netflix. I'm always looking for something to watch.

I am watching Borgen ATM.

Have a great day 🌞🌞🌞

That's a good series @Mggie49. I'm watching Dark which is sci-fi horror, about the concept of time being circular rather than linear. I'm also watching Stranger Things and The Watcher...so at the moment some darkly themed things. However I also like a bit of Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare (I saw a great minimalist production of King John a little while ago on YouTube), I also saw The Man Who Came to Dinner, very funny! Watched a Stephen King story - Mr. Harrigan's Phone the other evening starring Donald Sutherland.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Abner thanks for your recommendations and response, look forward to some of them. Can't do scary personally - find real life scary and dark at times.

Have a good day 😊.

I lived in darkness with scary for such a long time I learned to embrace it, because it's part of me now-a-days and I'm comfortable with it.

I've just told a music theory student of mine to do a lot of doodling with her music, and not to be afraid of making ugly and bad music, because ugly and bad are part of life, and as a result we can't just have art or music that's good and beautiful because no one would be able to relate to that. It's like people who chase positivity are never emotionally available to anyone. Australians find it very difficult to grasp the concept that in art and music horrible and ugly can be art and good. So I'm encouraging her to get over that fear of horrible and ugly music, because there's a legitimate place for it. I've heard and played some magnificently horrific music, and at the moment I'm rehearsing for a modern horror story opera, and am discovering ways to make some very distorted and ugly vocal sounds without damaging my voice. Plus my cptsd is having oodles of fun.

Hi there @Paulette!

I'm going well today, how are you? 

I'm intentionally taking today a little bit slow as I feel like I need that this week 🙂 

A mocha sounds delish right now! 

Warm regards, 

Amber22

What

Hi Re: Share a cuppa?

Hi @Former-Member ,

Thankyou dear friend for always being there. I am at work but I wanted to check in. I wanted to do more excercise on day off but ended up walking down to local shops listening to Led Zeppelin and I felt great. Made Beef Chow Mein with lots of stir veg. Mainly spending time with my partner watched a RomCom together. He's sweet like that searches for a movie I'll like. Had good sleep. Routine is good I agree. Still fighting for two days off to stay two days off. Less time I spend thinking of what little I think of Lawyers....the better. Have a lovely day and look after yourself 🙂. I can never find your pretty flowers emoticons  on here but sending some pink roses today. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hi Re: Share a cuppa?

Good morning 🌞 @Paulette.

I hope your day at work goes well for you.

Thanks for being there for me too - I really appreciate it. I have disentangled myself from all my previous toxic relationship and past family members. Unfortunately those relationships under the circumstances were destructive to my wellbeing. I really appreciate our contact. It feels like you are a true friend - with only one other true friend it is lovely to be in contact with you.

Don't be hard on yourself re : exercise. Walking is exercise any way.  Funnily enough I am listening to Def Leppard on the exercise bike.

I have a nasty back and shoulder condition but have finally made it to 10 mins on the bike a day as well as doing regular back exercises.

My physio is happy with ATM - but not my doctor as seem to have high blood pressure. I put it down to all the stress.

Well done on cooking a nutritious meal again. Sounds yum. Your partner is lucky to have you and don't forget it !! He sounds sweet.

Caught up with an ex -partner the other night. We watched Top Gun which wasn't too bad. Was nice to see him but he has a tendency to break my 💓. It is what it is. He is good company.

Anyways I hope your day goes well and I look forward to messaging on your leave.

Take care and keep safe 🌻🌻🌻. Thanks for the roses 😊.

Re: Hi Re: Share a cuppa?

Hi @Former-Member ,

Thankyou so much for your reply. I'm so.glad I met you here. You bring warmth understanding and sunshine 😌 into my life. I'm working today but appreciate the money as it feels so good to have savings. First time in my life I've been able. It would feel so good to spend on my darling children for Christmas. It's the second year without them and it's still ruins me. I have no contact with family. They only care about themselves and how much money they make.how many homes and cars. I too don't need the toxicity. I really wish I could have a relationship with family but this will never happen again. I used to have a sibling whose only purpose was to call and argue with me. 

I realise now that friends can be the family you don't have. I feel so much better speaking to you. I hope your day has been good. I am so lucky to have the beautiful man I do as a partner. I would be lost without him. First time in my life I've been treated with any respect, and given real love. I did think for a long time it didn't exist. I became so cynical. We only have each other. 

I'm glad you have been excercising. I am getting on treadmill today. Hoping to buy kettle weight over weekend. I am determined to find the time to excercise even as I work. My body deserves to be looked after. The excess weight is a deep embarrassment to me. In have struggled my while life. In have started taking natural supplements to get rid of some fluid retention. We have to ease ourselves back into excercise routine. 

I'm glad you saw Top Gun with your ex. I broke up with an ex because there was no way he could ever love me. I decided that I would not take that anymore. 

My phone is down so low and I forgot to bring my charger. Please take care 💓 and I hope to speak later with more charge. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance