Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Schizoaffective disorder and Bipolar 'Help'

Hi I am in trouble

I am spinning at the moment on a complete high. Playing the best music. Have called my psychiatrist to get a appointment asap. I am taking my meds (I always do). It is like they work for awhile and my body gets used to the meds or something. Moods are up and down like a rollar coaster. It is like standing on a presipice and leaping off figeratively speaking.

Are there an schizoaffective disorder and Bipolar types out there?? I need to feel that I am not alone 😞

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Schizoaffective disorder and Bipolar 'Help'

@greenpea you are not alone. I have bipolar 1 and I'm pretty sure there are lots of people in Forum Land who can relate. I have only been on these forums for a couple of weeks and it has helped alleviate the isolation that can come with a serious mental illness. When can you see your psychiatrist? Is there anyone else who you can talk to who understands?

@greenpea if you go to the first screen of the lived experience forum you can search. I tried bipolar, and also schizoaffective and got lots of hits. That could be a good place to start.

Hi @greenpea welcome to the forums. I'm not either of those dx but as frog said there are many. Great to hear that the search was useful for you too @frog !
Glad you have been able to recognise the signs that things aren't ok for you @greenpea and have an appt with your proc . Is there anything that helps you to. Manage whilst you are waiting for the appt?
Glad you're here!

Hi Frog

Its just so depressing the meds get changed I think 'Wow! things have finally settled down .... and then Wham!' up it raises is ugly and yet enticing head. That it the problem the mania can be so addictive it is hard to fight against it.

How do you find it? Am I alone in being drawn into the madness of it all. The mania is sooooo addictive  😞

Hi Lisajane

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit calmer atm but the signs of 'crazy' are there. I am so glad I have found these forums. Will have a browse later on today. 

Just nice to know I am not alone 🙂

I am just so happy I don't have a credit card!!

🙂 that is great on the credit card 🙂 hehe
@greenpea

Hi @greenpea It's really hard. I went along for a while with low level depression, then mixed episodes arose - horrible. And then medication change. When I was first diagnosed, after 30 years of struggle, I thought maybe things would get 'under control.' I've let that idea go since because it just isn't happening. What I hope for is to better ride the waves. I'm sorry you feel so alone. It adds another difficult dimension. I feel it too.

Hi Greenpea. I have had a chat yesterday. I have borderline personality disorder but I understand. My mood goes from being in control to a complete hatred of myself in a minute. I am sad and down most of the time. It is difficult to get through a day without feeling that I want to end it all.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance