Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Recipes & Snacks

@Meowmy  I hope the country air will help. Can you take some photos while you are out like @BryanaCamp  does? I always like looking at the country side 🙂

@greenpea How do you load photos onto forum?

@greenpea @BlueBay @MDT 

chop up finely vegetables of your liking, mix in with one egg, mix in chicken mince, mixed in whole meal flour equivalent portion to mince, mix in well, add water ,mix until loosely watery, oil saucepan, put on medium flame, pour pancake mix to saucepan, smooth it over in saucepan, until one side cooked, flip over to cook other side. Beautiful healthy meal. Don’t forget to add flavors,salt,vinegar, spices, pepper etc.

@Meowmy  actually Idk and come to think of it the loading of photos isn't working right now .... hasn't been for days. The person to ask would be @BryanaCamp  :)x

Thanks a lot for the tag @BlueBay  Great idea for a thread.  Cooking to share with others is one of my creative outlets.  I'm only doing it once a week for 3 at the moment, mostly it's just me and I'm very lazy when cooking for 1.

This week I tried a new recipe that worked out well ....

Tumeric halloumi bake

sautee garlic and onion then add chopped zucchini and tomatoes and cook about 15 minutes until tender.  add tomato paste, tumeric, cumin, paprika and a dash of cayenne if you like hot spicy food. cook a few more minutes

put into ovenproof dish

cover with slices of halloumi (or any other cheese) and grill til golden and bubbly

serve with green leaves like baby spinach and lettuce

would be nice with a chunk of bread too.

Hi @BlueBay I love this idea for a thread Smiley Happy

It's good to see a few people getting into it.

Sounds like you're a dab hand in the kitchen @MDT 

@eth that tumeric halloumi bake is going on my shoping list for next week!

I also do a rice dessert, but mine is baked @greenpea so everything gets thrown in to the baking dish and it's cooked slowly.

@Owlunar home baked bikkies are a cut above anything you can get mass produced in a shop.

@Meowmy good to see you around Heart

Here's my recipe. I made it yesterday and have enough left over for tonight and it keeps quite well for an extra day.

Carrot & pistachio pilaf

• staft by cooking chopped onion, onion, garlic, tumeric, cinnamon in olive oil
  • add the rice and coat with the oil before adding 3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, then cook covered for 15 minutes.
  • Remove from heat and let stand at least 5 minutes.
  • While the rice is cooking grate 2 carrots and chop up some parsley.
  • Once the rice has stood for a bit, stir in the carrots and parsley, plus half a cup of pistachios.

Nice with a little salt.

I’m loving all these recipes. I’ve got another one, tonight’s dinner. 

Lentil & barley soup 

1 onion duced

garlic chopped

2 carrots diced

2-3 stalks celery diced

2 chicken stock cubes

small tub Tom paste 

curry powder

cook onion and garlic in little oil add curry powder. Add in carrots and celery. 

Add lentils and barley. Pour 6 cups of water, add stock cubes and Tom paste. Stir in salt and pepper snd slowly cook fir 1-2 hours until cooked. 

This is perfect @BlueBay. Found this recipe on IG Stories the other day and it's absolutely delicious. For any fans of chickpea curry, try this: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jordankenna/tempted-to-order-in-tonight-whip-up-this-quick-easy 

Yum yum yum @BlueBay @frog @Ali11 !

heyyyy @BlueBay , great idea sister Heart

Avacodo on toast Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance