Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Just up and not finding it easy to sleep ... my son is on the computer too

Mostly I dont concentrate on my feelings .. they are usually not comfortable .. I could become a cracked record saying negative stuff .. so I try to be mindful and proactive .. since I was a little girl before i READ ANY THERAPY ... OOOPS caps off ..

just doing a few neck stretches

I was sorry to read you had extra troubles @Former-Member but if the psychologist actually accompanied you to the police station then she must think it important. yet it is so quick on the heels of the last case.

I had difficulty getting away from people who were not good ... my ex-husband didnt mean to be bad but people can get very cynical and that causes problems in itself.

Hope you can pull together to do what needs doing. .. even if its just canned soup or hamburgers for dinner and a PJ day for the hols

Go Gently

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry you were having trouble sleeping @Appleblossom
Thank you for the help the other night @Mazarita
Things are really hard right now - we're staying in accomodation organised for us by dv services. It's been exhausting and feeling like nothing will ever be right in my life. I only have my phone so hard to write.
Lj

Glad to hear from you, @Former-Member. Your exhaustion is understandable given the new circumstances. I have so little experience in knowing what to say to ease your thoughts and feelings. I hope that you and the children can get some rest where you are for the time being. My thoughts are with you and I will be here for a while longer if you want to talk more.

I was very sorry to hear things had deteriorated @Former-Member. Tho I am glad the dv people are taking you seriously ... enough to protect ... even though it is hard.

Will it help in your court case and assessment .. or is it too soon to know? Just talk if you are up to it.

I am ... playing recorder .. son is playing piano  ... I guess we are just musos and night owls

Hi @Mazarita

was the reunion nice ...

I had a lovely day .. went to a lecture on composition for Shakespeare .. it was great .. I knew the singer a little ... she is BIG .. it is in a city hall I feel familiar with and comfortable in .. ony cost $7 ... I am great at getting bargains for my money .. usually I say the best place is on stage ... get the best view .. if you dont mind the soloists backs ...

@Former-Member

Dont take it on that it will always be like this .. you have reached out ... the hyper state and exhaustion make it harder .. but you can work through this ... you are my farm gal .. you are a survivor ..  you can figure out and GO FOR the logical things you need to get a life with your kids ... we are thinking of youHeart

Hi @Appleblossom. Yes, lovely reunion. Good to hear you enjoyed your day. Sounds like a really interesting event and a bargain indeed. It's been a long while since I was out in public on a Saturday night. But we got a last-minute invite today to a birthday dinner this evening. It was a small gathering including a six month old child I'd never met before. It was good to meet up again with our friend who we so rarely see and to play with the child. 🙂

Back again, unable to sleep at 3.15am. The evening out was good but, as is often the case with any real-life social interraction, I am now excessively nervous after it. I tried for a while to stay in bed but was lying wide eyed and rigid inside and just had to get up. Drinking a mug of milo now to try to calm down. Thoughts are with you over this night, @Former-Member. Sending a virtual safety blanket to wrap around you and the kids. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Mazarita
Sorry you had a bad night, sometimes the brain just doesn't do what we want! Or need!!

@Former-Member I hope that the new accommodation is working and you were all able to sleep last night. I am here to listen and respond more if you would like that. I remember earlier in this thread that @Shimmer also offered private support by email. Maybe that's a possibility with the moderator online tonight. Sending kind feelings your way. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance