Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

@Former-Member I'm still here listening along with the moderators, feeling sorry about your troubled feelings. Is there any chance of giving your mind some rest from rehashing the events of the day and what might or might not come out of them? It seems likely you will have more strength to face the thoughts tomorrow. I know that doing this might be much easier said than done because here I am still here at the computer too. I hope it at least helps a little to have some online company while you are going through this.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank u I can't stop thinking about what's happened and everything that's led up to it and if I just caused it to happen with my choices and if talking about it today and taking the steps that I did are going to make things worse and what he might do now. I'm just so scared

@Former-Member I understand how we sometimes reflect back on our lives and feel unsure how much responsibility to take for events. I still feel this way about many things. I know that you are going through very difficult times with court cases. Do you mind if I ask who you spoke to today? Please only respond if you feel it will be helpful for you to talk more about what has happened.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I talked to my psychologist and then we went to the police station to make a statement but i didnt get very far before i ended up a mess and im not sure i can go back and do more. 

I thought the criminal part of the case was over? Did you need to go to the police again for something that happened?

Former-Member
Not applicable

something else that happened recently

Former-Member
Not applicable

its like bad stuff is just always happening to me no matter what i do. it just comes back and back and the crappy people in my life are just never going to quit and its like im never going to get away. I dont know how to geth through this again

I can see what an uphill climb it must feel to you to have begun the police process again. I don't think I would have the courage. I grew up in a violent household and, as an adult, have let borderline abuse go without seeking police intervention, just got myself out of the situation and away from that person. But there were never children involved, which made it simpler for me to do this. I am very sorry you are feeling so unsafe tonight. I also see you are a brave person.

@Former-Member Are you okay with @sanfran and Shirley if I try to get some sleep now? I can stay awake longer if you'd like to talk more. I'm not sure how successful I'll be with the shuteye myself tonight anyway...

Hi @Former-Member, I just wanted to check in with how you are feeling after last night?

It sounds like you are facing a lot of uncertainty right now, about choices you have made, what's going to happen in the future, and how to keep your family safe. I can see how this would leave you feeling frightened and overwhelmed.

Uncertainty, especially around such important things like your family, is incredibly challenging to sit with, particularly when you are feeling alone. I hope you feel a little bit less alone with what you're facing, having a wonderful friend like @Mazarita to support you, as well as the rest of the Forums community. We are all here for you Heart

I'm sorry for the difficulties you're facing, and can appreciate that you're feeling like bad things keep happening to you. The other side of that coin is that you have shown incredible courage and strength getting through everything that has happened to you in the past, and I'm confident you will continue to do so going forward.

Take care, and fill us in on how you're going, here or via email.

Shimmer

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance