Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Who's who in the zoo: Meet the moderators

Not sure how I missed this comment @Jon22 - Thank you 🙂 🙂

Hello everyone,

I'm EmJay and I have worked for SANE Australia for 3 years and am now joining the moderating team! I have a background in mental health and associated studies. I am very excited to be joining the forum team and to be involved in such a great space.

A little bit about me… I am very passionate about animal welfare and love all animals. I live with dogs, rabbits and occasionally some foster cat/kittens. I enjoy watching t.v. shows at night and love early morning walks with the dogs.

I very much look forward to reading your stories and experience.

@Jon22....I like your pic ! And @tria and and well.......I'm watching The Hobbit so like his too ......and @CherryBomb @Karma So many more....

@NikNik......being on sane forums ......has it changed you ? Like .....forget about the extra legs, arms or hands that have grown out of your knees .......
But are you more ......'tolerant. Or do you finish things more readily or happier cleaning the kitchen? Began going to a Synagogue instead of meditation day ?

Hi @PeppiPatty,

What an  excellent question!

I have definately improved my multi-tasking skills.

The best part of my job has been getting to know people from this community. I'm inspired by people who don't let mental illness define them, I see incredible resilience and such support of each other, that you don't often see.

I try and take those attitubutes and practice them in the offline world 🙂

Thank you for this thought provoking question @PeppiPatty , I feel like I really needed it this morning.

Hello everyone,

I'm Suzanne and I'm joining the mod team from SANE.  Like my colleagues before me, I'm really excited to be taking part in this Forum.  When you first step in it seems like a very welcoming, helpful and respectful space.  I hope that I can play a part in helping to maintain the friendly and supportive vibe.

I've been working in mental health for quite a few years now but I'd love to be able to hang out in the Forums as a 'person' as well as a 'professional'.  Hopefully that makes sense.  The 'person' bit of me still has challenges, bad days and periods of being overwhelmed and uncertain.  And the 'professional' bit of me tends to be better at helping others than myself.  You may well be the same 🙂

When I'm not at work I tend to hang out with family and friends.  There's generally food involved Smiley Happy  I'm not really a hang-gliding, surfing, action-adventure kind of a girl.  I'm more about comfy chairs, good conversation and a few laughs.  Any day that includes those things is a good day for me.

I'm looking forward to connecting with you in one of the threads.

Hello everyone,

I'm also joining the moderation team from SANE, so will mostly be on here during the day. 

I've been reading through lots of posts and am very excited to be joining such a friendly, supportive community. 

A bit about me... I like cooking, gardening, music and travel. I'm also an animal lover, like all the other moderators it seems!

I look forward to being part of the Forums.

Acacia

Dearest @NikNik
Like reading your answer. I find it good that you write of the support you see online. Often I write about my experience in former groups ...... Several years ago ..... Actually in mental health advocacy and studies that everyone was so overwhelmed and strung out ........that though there was a level of support the ' cool' people stuck together. It was hard.

I feel I've swum into doing what I'm meant to do. So since feeling this ' loosening, ' like I'm being heard ....but yeah ........
Like I'm more aware of the community but also spending more quality time alone.

Hi everyone!

I'm Shimmer and I am really excited to be joining the SANE Forums moderation team!!

A bit about me: I love spending time with friends and family. I'm passionate about learning, especially about how to help others experiencing mental health issues. Beach trips down the coast with good friends are my favourite kind of holiday. I enjoy playing sport and reading in my courtyard with my cat in the sunshine. Cat Very Happy

I believe it is so valuable to have the opportunity to share experiences, support and strategies with others living with mental health issues, either themselves or supporting a loved one. Everyone has such diverse experiences yet it is clear already on the Forums that there are many common threads between us and we can learn so much from each other.

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Shimmer 🙂

Hi Everyone!

My introduction of myself is bit delayed (by approx a year Smiley Sad - sorry!) but I thought better late than never! 

About me: soooooo I chose the name Fancy Pants as one of my favorite feel good movies is School of Rock  and i love design/fashion and rock music so my friend started calling me this after one of the charators and it just stuck. I also love dogs (albeit almost all animals really), reading and I take pride in DIY stuff around my house. Lastly I love hearing about peoples stories, cultures and experiences with MH especially what has helped and hindered because I think that the most important information comes from consumers

Thank you for reading and see you soon! Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance