Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Tired2020
Contributor

Life tough

Pfft... I get tired of being judged by others who think depression is basically nothing but an excuse. As you have a job, family and a house so they think none with this can be anxious or depressed. I've had depression for longer than I can to admit it will admit 

It hurts so much. I put everything into anything I do maybe to much sometimes but noone ever wants to give me a go or really help you when you need it.

I do think life is not worth it most days. :face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes:

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Life tough

hi @Tired2020

it sounds really tough for you atm. i understand others see it as an excuse, some of us are more just high functioning. just because we have depression doesnt mean we still cant do things and thats what others dont realise. i think mental health or depression really is often thought of as people dressing in black clothing, never coming out of rooms-almost like a 'goth like' person or someone who is non functional. alot of the times its not the case
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Tired2020 , I'm so sorry that you're struggling and that you have people telling you those struggles aren't real, or that your MH is just an excuse. It is really awful to hear that you feel like life isn't worth it at the moment. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need some extra support.

You wrote exactly how I feel in my life right now. Depression is so so isolating. People are also uneducated. I still get down. Lately I've started to spin things round though. Taken me a long time to do. I'm not always able to do it but I've made a start. 

What I mean about sppinig it is thus. Basically mostly in my mind, I take the piss out of them. I spin it. Instead of looking at myself as the bott of jokes and people not helping me. All the hard things about depression. I turn it around. Make a joke out if them. For example, if you are depressed, first make sure you are not surrounded by assholes. How apt huh. We are surrounded by assholes everyday and we blame ourselves for them being assholes. Huh? Ludicrous. My main point us put it back where it belongs. Dish it out. Sometimes people need a wake up call of their own. It's not the truth that hurts, it's the existence of lies that hurts. Hope that makes sense. 

@Tired2020  I understand what you are saying about people not understanding depression. Some think it’s just like having a bad day. It’s so much more.

There is still misunderstanding out there. Unfortunately, those of us struggling are misunderstood.

I’m glad you’re found the forums. There is understanding and support here.

Yeah it does. It's not just arsholes it also people you thought you trusted. My doctor is one I thought I trusted but she claims nothing is now wrong and has basically disgusted me. I am now only using her for prescriptions 😞😞😞

As difficult as it might be, I would perhaps try to find another doctor.  It's their job to be understanding, not to dismiss ... well, anything really.  I'm sure that they deal with a lot of people and may become complacent in their role, which is sad, and unproductive to souls that are actually suffering. I recently had to find a new doctor, because my old one retired... it was a daunting thought, but, as it happens - a fresh set of eyes, and a new perception on my problems, has actually been helpful. ... Good Luck. x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance