Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Twilightsomniac
Senior Contributor

Insomniac chatter

Hi all,

Bored and can't sleep (not from a lack of trying) so any other insomniacs awake

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Insomniac chatter

Hey @Twilightsomniac 

missed your night time post.

Sorry nobody responded.

I did have a year up all night when I posted on here and found friendship.

It all depends who is online. 

I did work really hard and finally adjusted back to a normalish day night cycle, with "help" from meds, and now I only have about monthly all nighters despite meds ...

We are all cut different I guess.

See you around, delayed interactions can be better than none.

cheers Apple

Hi @Appleblossom,

It's all good delayed responses don't really bother me it just makes conversations last longer. 

Wish I could get medication to sleep but except for my asthma and thyroid meds doctor took me off all other meds till I go through a full psyc evaluation between obstructive sleep apnoea, insomnia and 6 mental health diagnoses I think doc will probably work on meds for other diagnoses before my insomnia.

@Twilightsomniac 

It was not a specific sleep med as they are too addictive and I was only on one script once for them.  Sounds as if you have got a LOT going on healthwise so a lot to balance medwise.

The sleep hygeine peep and the mental health peep probably both agree that a good moment is better than no good moments no matter what time of day.

The CATT team told me the neuroleptics I was on are also good for sleep, however I am weaning off them, though face the fact that I may never be med free anymore. 

Thats Life I guess.

@Appleblossom, before I properly sort help for mental health I used to swear that I would always be med free for mental health but one counsellor asked me how long I had been on asthma meds and when I said 2 almost she replied that I've basically been on meds for anxiety for that long because most asthma meds have things that help you to relax 

Hey @Twilightsomniac ,

As I read your initial post, I pretty much remembered my life only no so long ago. Day after day, night, after night, I was awake. It was so upsetting.

It was a battle every nigh. The more I worried about not sleeping, the less sleep I got. 

If I had the forums back then, I think I would have engaged in some midnight game or chat on the forums.

Have you thought of any thing we could do on the forums to help you through these evenings?

Hello @Twilightsomniac I know what its like to be living with insomnia.  Had it in my teens.  About a year ago I had insomnia for 3 whole months I'm not joking. I went and had acupuncture for it and it would knock me out by the time I got home from the clinic. 

I later discovered that gluten was the culprit.  I got gluten out of my life and sleep came back.

It could be a multitude of factors such as thyroid, diabetes, cortisol, blood pressure, sensitive nerve endings in intestinal tract lighting up as food goes down at night.

At the moment I'm using earthing which gives me the most solid nights rest ever.  

Good point @SmilingGecko - now, I am so grateful for sleep, because i know what it's like NOT to have it!

I know what you mean there @tyme I've been sleeping well lately thankfully!

I am soooooo careful monitoring my sleep @SmilingGecko so i don't fall back into the trap of staying awake for days on end. It's the worst feeling ever! Then to be to over tired that I'm buzzing, but too tired to do anything. 

I can't even describe how terrible insomnia was for my MH. I went down, down, down. Hence, I monitor the things I can such as sleep, exercise and food....I just do what I can to stay well.

I'm so glad you are able to sleep better now @SmilingGecko .

Are you asleep now @Twilightsomniac ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance