Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A/OR, FRIEND/FRIENDS, WHO I CAN TRUST, PLEASE?

I'm new, & I am very supportive of others, understanding, & kind.  I hate strife & arguing, & I can not be around people that yell, or are controlling.  I get anxious, &  they make me feel afraid, or wanting to protect myself. I think I'm too soft hearted, yet I am intelligent & strong, unless I get fearful. I am very isolated due to physical pain, from an accident I had, years ago.....Does that make sense, I hope so?

36 REPLIES 36

Re: I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A/OR, FRIEND/FRIENDS, WHO I CAN TRUST, PLEASE?

Welcome @Former-Member to the forum.

You have taken the first steps in reaching out, and it can be difficult but i assure you that people on here, understand what you are going through, and they are all really nice people.

I know i have always felt welcome here, and i hope you feel welcome also.

And yes you make sense 🙂

Welcome @Former-Member,

Your worries sound a lot like mine. I also feel alone and find it hard to make friends. This is welcoming and open community, i'm sure you will find support here, as I have. What do you like to do for hobbies and things? I've never been great at hobbies, always too much work to do, and kids to look after. But i can crochet, I should try to start a new project 🙂

LJ

Nice to meet you kato, thank you for responding to my letter. I've been here at home on my own for 5 years. Pain has become a sort of unwanted friend, in a way, as well as the worst enemy to me, at this time.
I need proper human friends, who care from the heart, just as I will for them.
(((((kato))))) 🙂

Hello @Former-Member and welcome to the forums. Everyone on here that I've spoken to is very kind and friendly. I love chatting to people on here because I don't have to fear repercussions from being open about my MI. I can come here and say exactly what I want to say, where when I talk to people face to face I find I can't be as open.

Hey @Former-Member I reckon its awesome you say you're strong and kind. Its good to remember your qualities! Sounds like you'll make some terrific friends on here!

@Crazy_Bug_Lady I totally agree with you about being able to talk openly about MI on the forums. There's something really nice about it.

@Former-Member I am so hopeless at crochet! I think its becasue I am left handed. You should do some and post it on here! I just finished a quilt and I am so proud of it. It took lots of help and angst to get it done, but I'm rapt to have completed it!

@kato nice welcome kato! 🙂

Well done on the quilt @Rosie, post a pic 😄 🙂 I cant sew in a straight line hehe!

LJ

Your more then welcome, bella

Altho i am not at home on my own, i am currently back in with my mum and dad while i sort out my last episode, i do understand the feeling lonely. I have bipolar and currently trying to pull myself out of a depressive lull.

Can i ask why you feel pain? feel free to not answer if you do not wish, i take no offence, if you are not quite up to discussing yet, i understand.

(((((bella)))))

You are a very sweet person kato. I believe I am in the right place, at the right time now! 🙂

You have a blue bird of happiness for your photo Lisajane. I'm smiling just here while I look at you, (blue bird).
You have a happy heart, I believe this. Don't take too much on yourself, give yourself more ME time. I know it's hard with a growing family to help.
When your Blue Bird shows through your smile, the family receive strength too. I like to make Jewelry, & spoil my animal family! (((((Lisajane)))) 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance