Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@SmcI like the ideas that you have given. Somewhere in my mind, I could feel a caution, but couldn't put my finger on it. I think that your reference hits the spot.

The spacers may actually add additional strength, as in using the principle in columns. It also goes toward addressing the issue of shrinkage. It brings to mind different possible ways that the framing can be oriented for best strength and ease of fixing of roof cladding. It will possibly be a compromise between cost, function and complexity. I have printed a (pdf) copy of that article into my "Building>Roof frame and decking" folder/file and opened in my Foxit-Reader. That site looks interesting.

Another compromise or co-incidence is in relation to "time, mental space and $$ together at the same time?)". Those issues are certainly similar in my case. However, even before the cyclone, I had been anticipating the need to work on the structure of my house. It has now brought a sense of urgency to those matters.

Thank you for your suggestions Smc

Best Wishes

HenryX

Hope it goes well for you @HenryX. We had plans on doing a lot of work on our place after we got flooded in 2011, but then our Older Daughter's mental health deteriorated, and with our parents getting elderly as well (mine now in aged care) it's been too many things one on top of the other. But the plus side is that I've had a lot of time to think through our plans, and have tweaked or totally changed a lot of the ideas I had back then, for the better I think.

@greenpea, salty carbs are my go-to comfort food. I've tried out some interesting variations over time, and this one is actually surprisingly nice. Only available in Asian grocery stores. 😛

Have covered my frost tender plants... more or less. Enough to hopefully get them through a light frost. Gonna have an easy dinner tonight- reheated tuna mornay.

4000000845_1.jpg

@Smc  cucumber flavour yummy! I wonder if I could order it in some how.....

@Smc 

Yes, I do understand those types of changes and the reasons for them. I think you may be aware that my Mum was with me during the past ten years. A pleasure and a privilege. While Mum was with me, we changed plans a number of times.

It is interesting how ideas can change. We look back at plans, either in our minds or notes or fully prepared plans, and time and circumstance and extra knowledge make what we thought some time back, virtually redundant.

Once again, thank you for those suggestions which quickly changed my plans. They have given more strength to the initial ideas that I had.

Cheers

HenryX

hello @RosieDreams Smiley Very Happy

some drinkssome drinks

Mmmm, that looks yummy @Shaz51. 🙂

I'm not a huge sweet tooth, so I've found if it's too late in the day for a coffee drink, salted caramel works for me. (With a bit less cream and topping though.)

index.jpg

that looks soo yummy @Smc Heart

hello @Faith-and-Hope@Smc@HenryX@greenpea@wibblewobble , @Former-Member 

feeling a bit awwwwwww this afternoon for some reason , not sure why 

but going to make a cuppa 

HI @Shaz51,
Hope the evening's been an improvement on the rest of the day. I think sometimes when we're running full on, it all catches up to us when we stop.

Cool-ish here, so the last couple of evenings I've had the wood stove burning, more for warmth than for cooking, although it's done a bit of both.

I think sometimes when we're running full on, it all catches up to us when we stop.--- very true @Smc 

hello @Daisydreamer@Faith-and-Hope@HenryX@greenpea@wibblewobble@outlander , @Former-Member , @Determined  @Adge@frog@Bezak482@Emelia8 , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom 

well we have had over 980 mm of rain and still counting 

verrrry wet hereverrrry wet here

rain.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance