Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Employee @Former-Member Casual.

That means no minimum hours.

It also means they are often Exempt from the Unfair Dismissal Laws.

Which is why so many Employers now employ primarily Casual workers (for their entire Staffing).

Instead of Permanent employees.

Adge

Haven't slept well for a long time

18yr old daughter is suicidal, she shaved her head 2 days ago and is not eating. Called an online counselling through EAP who did not help het, I am at a loss 

Former-Member
Not applicable

If you are an employee there should be some reimbursement for using your own vehicle whilst on the job @Adge check out the link I sent through in last message.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Difficult times @Beebop  have you been able to start a discussion in relation to this so that others might be able to help. If not this can be done by clicking on the 'new discussion' tab in this link 

Screenshot_20201105-151514.png

The Fair Work Site says: Employee "Might" Be entitled to travel Allowances.

That "Might" is an Escape Clause - It is not Enforced.

That's why an increasing number of Employers, especially in Disability Support & Aged Care - are Not Paying for any Kms driven (in Employees own car), or Travel Allowances.

As I stated earlier - No Km allowance, No Travel Allowance is being paid.

I asked the Director at my Induction - He Clearly Confirmed that they will Not Pay employees for the very large travel expenses incurred (Kms).

The issue here is that when I clearly explain the situation to people - After I have already Clarified (No Paid Kms) with Management - I am met with Denial & Disbelief.

That's because no-one wants to Believe how much entitlements & working conditions have been Cut & Reduced.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes @Adge thanks for clarifying, I hope you are being adequately compensated in hourly rate. I guess there would also be tax deductibles you could claim in relation to vehicle use. 

Thank you @Former-Member 

Yes there are definitely Tax Deductibles.

That at least is something- although only a portion of costs.

I honestly believe employers should all have to pay Kms driven & work Travel expense - They used to have to.

The hourly Rate of pay is very low - it's almost $10 per hour less than my last job.

So far the clients have warmed to me quickly (on 1st visit) - Unfortunately that does not pay my expenses.

Adge

Parking Fine Quotes, Quotations & Sayings 2020

hello @Smc@Beebop , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@Adge 

coffeecup.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance