Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

No @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

The screen has gone black ---- arrrgggg 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hmmmm ???? @Shaz51  ... I am very un-knowledgeable about technical matters.  A black screen ... doesnt sound good. Are you on Windows 10?  Have you tried doing a search on your mobile about 'why is my computer screen black'?  Sometimes you can get some solutions there.

Mr shaz thinks I need a new laptop

And bypassing the repair man @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Mr Shaz could be right @Shaz51 .  It seems to be the way everyone is going these days.  I do not have a laptop, nor an iPad or anything like that.  I guess I'm just old fashioned.

It depends on whether you need it to be portable @Shaz51

I had one Laptop after another, for years - I really like them.

Then I discovered (Big Tip) - Desktop computers come much cheaper & more powerful, compared to any Laptop (or Tablet).

So by Switching back to (Buying) a Desktop instead of a Laptop - I could make it last years longer (& so I have).

The flat screen takes up very little space on the desk, & the computer (tower) fits under the desk (small).

My last Desktop lasted 7 years, this one 2 years (so far).....

Adge

Yes very true @Adge 

Our desk tops has latest longer than the laptops

Managed to get off the couch for a ride on my bike. Despite some early angst with Google maps directions (wanted to find a lookout I have not previously been to) I have up and juat did a big loop. As always came back refreshed and relaxed.  Big toe that so badly bruised in exercise did not appreciate the riding boots or gear changing though. Will pay for that tonight I think lol. 

Good for you @Determined ..... 👍

I am resting up with new fur baby and some baby dragons.  Have to start unloading last year's art stuff out of the car shortly, if I can find the stuffing to.

Hi everyone. Missed all the company yesterday- but with good reason. Younger Son's 22nd Birthday Party. Was nice- a relaxing long afternoon in a park, lots of games, snacks and general mucking around.

@Former-Member, I got a bit excited about the umbrella in that catamaran photo. I saw those being used all the time in China by people riding motorbikes. They'd only do maybe 20-30 km/h in urban areas, and if it was really sunny or raining, the passenger on the pillion seat would hold one of those umbrella so that the rider was sheltered by the front bit, and they were under the back bit. I've never been able to explain how that worked to family and friends, so now I've got a photo I can show them. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

images - 2020-02-20T085652.768.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance