Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Owlunar . @amber22 , @tyme 

we had a blue toung lizard in our house one day 

today i had some blood tests done and now i have 3 bruises to show for it 

Arghhh @Shaz51 - those good old bruises eh? 

Bruises after blood tests @Shaz51 

Outchie!!!!

That must have been an unpleasant experience - I am sorry to hear that - 

I guess your veins are narrow - this happens as we get older - I know this is not fun

A blue tongue lizard would be interesting and something different happening in your house - I am not sure if I have ever seen a blue-tongue lizard in real life.

Ah - my cat used to bring in live mice - that was something that made me jump onto my bed and squeal. my doctor assured me this is not an unusual event - even some men will squeal at live rodents

Did you get a pic of your lizard Shaz

Owlunar

Hello! @Owlunar @Faith-and-Hope @CJJ74 Anyone having a hot chocolate tonight? 🙂 

Hi @amber22 

Thanks for the hot chockie shout-out - I miss that and now it's nearly tomorrow.

Perhaps I will have one in private - and imagine everyone else having one at the same time

I had marshmallows to mine - now I have thought of it I can't wait

Owlunar

Good morning! @Owlunar Oh yum that does sound amazing. It was storming yesterday so it was really nice weather to settle down with a hot drink. I wish I had marshmellows in mine!! It makes me feel like a kid again and I love that 🙂 

I hope you're well today, I would love to hear what you're getting up to this morning!

HI @amber22 @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 

Thanks Amber - hot chocolate with marshmallows is a wonderful go-to treat for any time and for any reason - no need to feel like a kid about it - it's just plain yummy. The more marshmallows the better.

Perhaps it's better to have it from time to time rather than every evening - it's more enjoyable that way.

Today I have been watching a couple of programmes I recorded yesterday - one was on the development of lithium batteries and medical treatment. This was really interesting - I am really curious in all of this - it's so interesting.

It's going to be hot today - I have been up for a while gradually exercising myself without any pressure - oh yeah - I found I had only washed the easy dishes last night and left the saucepan and frying pan - they are all fixed now. 

And I have phoned my pest exterminator - we have a rat problem around here - they get under the tiles and can be noisy - as if they are chomping on the woodwork - maybe they are and need something else to work on - I hope this really interesting and helpful man isn't on holidays right now - 

Life has challenges - I regard them as interesting events - 

Thanks so much - I hope you have the best day possible

Owlunar

Hey @Owlunar That is such a great way of looking at life, that life has its challenges but you regard them as interesting events. That sounds like such a productive day so far, you're doing so great today! You're right about the hot chocolate, it definitely is such a treat, and nice to keep it as that rather than an every day thing. It was meant to be hot where I am today too, but it seems to be very cloudy. I'm not mad about it because I quite like the cooler weather after having a few weeks of super hot sun. 

I hope you also have the best day,

Sending lots of hugs,

Amber22

Hi @Appleblossom 

I hope you are well today - and life is treating you kindly,

It's getting pretty hot on this side of the bay - what's it like on your side?

Owlunar

Thanks @amber22 

In Melbourne we had 2 la nina summers in a row and through December it seemed we were in for a third. Luckily we have had some much warmer weather though I tend to stay inside and keep cool to preserve my energy.

I believe it has been very hot in The Top End this summer - I love Queensland - I have only been to The Sunshine Coast in winter when it was so warm I regretted not having packed my shorts - and then Cairns in September - this was supposed to be an annual event but we had the pandemic. Maybe I will go later this year - to one place or another.

Tropical heat is different - we are expected hot weather and increased fire danger in Victoria - and this is not good. 

Owlunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance