Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

asdfge
Senior Contributor

Hello

Hello. 

People treat me differently sometimes.

I feel as though my dogs who sit outside, left alone all day, are happier than I am. Yet, they both look sad.

People do not seem as happy to see each other as they did when I was young.

People pretend to be upset, or they deliberately make themselves feel upset, but there is never anything wrong and nor is there anything going alright either. 

I feel disapointed. 

I am studying at uni, but I may never be able to get a job.

This might be what my life is like until I am old and die- cheap, disapointing, and very much unlike others' lives, so, I have nobody to relate to (other than the emotions they feel, not so much their experiences). 

I am okay, don't get me wrong, but this is sh!t. I feel ripped-off, but about my life.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hello

You have some interesting takes. Poetic.

You seem to be taking a big step back, while looking inwards at the same time.

asdfge
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello

Thank you for pointing that out. Come to think of it- I guess that what I was focusing on was not all bad. In some ways, it is okay to focus on the negatives if it means that you can identify the emotions you are feeling. So many people always stuff-down their negative thoughts. But, these are alright. And beneath these are emotions, which is always safe to accept. Thank you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance