Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

kristin
Senior Contributor

Happy Mother's Day

I don't know about others but I struggle with this day. It is meant to mean one thing but so often appears to end up about spending money - who decided it was today anyway? The retailers (did you know the dates are different in North America, and I think in UK too).

I always tell my kids to make me something and not to wait until they are told by someone that it's mother's day - any day can be mother's day - just to say thanks mum, I love and appreciate you! 

I just found this on Youtube (via Twitter) from headspace, I really like it - though I can't get the sound to work on my old pc and subtitles are dodgy at the best of times.

So to all the mums on the forums, happy mother's day: every day. 

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Happy Mother's Day

@Krustin, my small people asked why isn't there a Children's Day, you know mum its not equal, you get one, dad gets one..hmmm they might have a point...

"Every day is Children's Day"

-NikNik 's mother

Hehehe I trued that old line on my kids....I think they mean one where you say Happy International Children's Day..and possibly a celebration of all things children...maybe classic kids movie on free to air, possibly a cake involved..

Sandy is that a Kiwi accent I detect in your post? LOL 

I think childrens day is a good idea, cake and all. I can also sympathise with NikNik's mum!

Cheers, K

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance