Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Crazy_Bug_Lady
Senior Contributor

Fundraising for Rural Mental Health.

Hey, not sure exactly where to post this...
My young beef breeder association is looking at doing the City to Bay fun run this year. While I feel "fun run" is an oxymoron, we are planning to raise money for rural health. More specifically we want to fundraise for Mental Health, as two of have MI, and we all know someone that has a MI.
Long story short, does anyone know of an organisation that is specifically for rural mental heath? I'm in South Australia, if that makes any difference.
-CBL-
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Fundraising for Rural Mental Health.

Maybe you could contact some centres like Uniting care wesley or AC care who do specific programs for country mental health? and support a particular program that they do? im not sure otherwise, but great idea! Sounds like a really great thing to do!

lj

@NikNik any ideas here?

No sorry @CherryBomb

@Former-Member 's suggestions are great. Lj, does AC stand for Aftercare?

Hey guys,

I sent a few emails around to different organisations, but as I only got a reply from one (not too sure if I can name names).

So in September we will be doing the 12k walk in the City to Bay. I am soooo unfit and gonna die. 😉😉

Hi @Crazy_Bug_Lady,

wish you all the best for the run, resources are badly needed in the rural area's.

Jacques

@NikNik it stands for Anglican Community Care, they helped to organise a house and exit plan for me and the kids when i left my husband, but i never had any religious reference from anyone that I worked with. they were just very supportive... But they do all sorts of stuff from home support for mental health, to foster care, meals, homeless programs, drug and alcohol counselling.. etc

LJ

Wow - they sound great @Former-Member!

Big props to @Crazy_Bug_Lady
I'm looking to hearing more about the "fun" run !

its okay @Crazy_Bug_Lady 

Stretch first and remember to have a huge pretend asthma attack if you get tired.....which I think is a good excuse for a sit down and an icecream....

Good luck and Kick up lots a dirt .. I was thinking of doing the Melbourne SANE funrun but am busy that weekend .. musical stuff .. good excuse hah!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance