Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hi @Zoe7 💕

Hey @Faith-and-Hope I read that the night for you was not a good one - so sorry it all played out the way it did Hon.

Just writing to you and you popped up.

How are you doing now? Did you end up salvaging the night?

Yes @Zoe7 .  D3 swung from aggressive to mellowed to cuddly across the evening, and I have come home to working on Photoshop assignements after the girls went to bed.

Mr. has gotten up for a bathroom excursion.  He’s not waking me up tonight .... lol

I am pleased that D3 settled down and showed you some love @Faith-and-Hope but it doesn't take away the stress of her getting aggressive with you - that stuff hurts and you carry it with you for some time.

Good that you are doing your photoshop assignments in some peace though. Going to be a very late night for you again. I hope you can get some sleep soon.

I am waiting for the next wave of sleep here - fell asleep on the couch around 6 again so have had another 6 or so hours here. Pretty wide awake now which isn't ideal Smiley Frustrated

Maybe a chamomile tea and some gentle music @Zoe7 ?

No, wasn’t great with D3 earlier tonight, but there have been other things going on for her.  She is considering dropping back to part time in the course, and there has been an error / drama regarding her fees .... a problem rolling forward from last year.  That doesn’t excuse the behaviour, but it helps to explain it.

I have slept on and off for most of the day so it isn't surprising I am awake right now. I should be able to get back to sleep soon - just been one of those days - too tired to do anything yet that puts my sleep out at night. Just going with the flow for now, Might have a chamomile tea if I am not getting sleepy again soon.

That is not great news about D3 but better she is talking about going part time rather than stopping study altogether. Part time would be okay to keep her at uni whilst giving her the time she needs to deal with everything. I can understand how overwhelming it could all feel for her @Faith-and-Hope - feeling much like that with work and everything myself at the moment.

Effectively S2 had gone on part time last year too @Zoe7, and is not quite operating a full time this year either, so if that’s what they are capable of, then that’s what it needs to be.

Do you think of you pull back on your Wednesday appointments that will help you to manage your energy levels better ?  Cutting back on work hours also means cutting back on income, doesn’t it ?  Perhaps in this more positive school environment you could see how stretching out the medical appointments works for you ?

I have already stretched out appointments to having pdoc fortnightly and GP and psych on alternative weeks - psych being monthly at the moment but am thinking of cancelling those appointments to keep some up my sleeve for later in the year as I ony have a few on this current MHCP left, I know I can access more but I think leaving those until later in the year when I may need to change work places would be a good idea. I really do hope I can stay at this school all year but the reality is that may not be possible @Faith-and-Hope I am doing one more module of DBT and then I will have done them all twice - that will be enough so that will free up the Wednesdays more for me to rest then - just need to make it through until the holidays really and these things will begin to even out a bit more.I am definitely feeling it though - it is becoming too much and I can't cut back on work because I need the money - any less than 4 days and I wouldn't be able to pay all my bills/mortgage.

That was the impression I had @Zoe7.  It sounds like the most sensible options are in place.  I hope having more rest on Wednesdays does the trick, and I certainly hope you get to stay at this school ❣️

You know me very well Hon Heart @Faith-and-Hope 

I did want to finish DBT at the end of this module this week but after discussions with both the psych facilitating it and my pdoc I made the decision to do the next module. My pdoc wanted me to especially do this one as she is concerned that I may fall back into old ways quickly - ie not have any outside connections apart from work and on here - I can see that is already happening - being too tired to even visit my sister lately.

It is hard though because I am really much happier on my own.

I am going to snuggle up on the couch again now with Toby - think trying to sleep there is preferable tonight. I hope you get your work done and can get some sleep soon too. Goodnight Hon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance