Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hey @tyme Finger is much better - still a little bruised but not sore anymore 👍 I have been trying to get a few things finished off outside but the rain has hampered my efforts. It has been on and off all afternoon so been in and out myself. Funny story - I was putting a new strip on the back step and wondered why it was not fitting properly - actually getting really frustrated with it because I knew I had measured (3 times) and cut it to the correct length ...then I realised I had it upside down lol - only took me an hour to realise that hahaha!!!! It is funny now but wasn't so much at the time.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @tyme. Hope you are well and having a good day.

I have had a reasonable day today. Nothing to complain about, but feeling a little flat 😔.

I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. Will try and practice some mindfulness activities. Fingers crossed it helps.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 thanks for your well wishes. I've decided at least if I don't get it, it was flattering to be invited to interview and I am most likely ready to get back into my career.

Well done with the paving. Happy dance for you 😊😊😊.

That is a great way of looking at it @Former-Member - such a positive step forward for you even if you do not get this one (but I really hope you do).

Slight hiccup with the path - the rain came earlier than expected (and pretty heavily for about 15minutes😥) so washed a lot of it away. I will have to redo it at a later date but for now I am leaving it. Tomorrow I am going to move some of the concrete from the old path that I have stacked in the backyard. I have made room at the side of the house that is out of the way. I will only move a little at a time on my trolley so it is not hard on my back. 

Good afternoon @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @tyme @Eve7 @Snowie I slept all morning. Got up to feed the fur babies and then went back to bed. I don't usually do that - usually lay on the couch and doze for a while but I was so tired this morning. Tobes and Clover both snuggled in with me so it was nice to have them both close by.

I have moved some of the concrete this afternoon but only doing one trolley trip at a time then resting. I am not moving too well today - very achy all over - so I am not pushing the outside work ... whatever I don't get done can wait.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @tyme @Eve7 @Snowie.

Hope you have all had a good day.

We have had a warm day here in Melbourne. Thank goodness finally able to easily get some washing done.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend 💗🌹💗.

Hey @Former-Member 💖

I have nearly finished moving all the concrete - just one trolley load to go. The smaller bits have been bagged up also and I have stacked all the large rocks I am going to eventually use in the garden. The last thing to do will be to move the broken bricks but for now I have stacked those also. Tobes has been 'helping' me as has Clover (climbing over the piles as I stacked them lol) It has been a long afternoon going in and out - resting in between and not doing too much at once - but also a good afternoon having the fur babies giving me laughs along the way.

How has your day been?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7.

I'm sure your garden and paving will look amazing when you finish.

I met up with a group of friends today and did some walking at a local lake and had coffee.

This was really pleasant - first mild day here in a long time.

Trying to loose weight so have been riding exercise bike this Arvo and doing some general house work.  Had a huge sleep in until 10.30.

Pretty good day all in all.

Thanks for asking 🌞.

What have you got planned for the evening ?

What a lovely day for you @Former-Member 💖 The weight thing can be tricky - especially when it is accentuated by meds. We also often cannot do much when we are in that dark hole so it is great that you are being proactive now. Things seem to be really looking up for you Hon and I could not be more pleased for you 💕

I have finished moving and stacking all the concrete and cleaned up outside. Going to have a shower soon then do a little school work before laying in front of the tv for the rest of the evening.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good work @Zoe7. Thanks for all your support whilst I was in the hole - so to speak.

You have been a great role model.

Sounds like a well deserved evening on the couch. Bet the fur babies will love it xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance