Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Yeah its not entirely settled @Snowie  but looks positive. Thanks 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 hope you had a terrific first day back at school.

Big hi and hugs to @Zoe7 @@Snowie @TAB @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 💜💗

Hey @Former-Member  thanks, you too 😸

Hi @Zoe7 @Snowie @TAB @Former-Member @Shaz51 and anyone else around 👋💕

Sorry to have been so absent in the last few days.  My house got packed up for me a couple

of years ago, and I haven’t had the heart or headspace to start unpacking and sorting the disaster ….. but have to move it all again in the not too distant future, so I have sized up to starting at least ….. hard yakka, but both tears and silver linings.  Totally exhausted, but I reckon a whole lot-a that is emotions.

Conscious of your school start @Zoe7, and tracking along as best I can with everyone’s news …..

💖🌷

No need to be sorry @Faith-and-Hope 

I hope it gives you some closure at the same time as being hard for you.

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @TAB @Former-Member @Shaz51 Been a full on couple of days - long days too but getting there. I still have a lot of sorting out to do but have stored some things in the office to do a little at a time over the next few days. The important thing is the class is ready for the kids - kind of ...need to go in early tomorrow to finish a few things and then the rest I will do with the kids. I am actually quite excited to see them all tomorrow. I met a new student today and he is just gorgeous. I think his Mum was more nervous than he was but she said she had not laughed like she did today for a very long time so that was really nice to feel we were already having a positive impact on her life. 

Had my first appointment with the new pdoc this morning - it was hard. She is lovely and I felt at ease with her but the things we covered were tough. I was okay talking to her - which is positive - but going through your whole story in an hour is tough. It really hit me when I was back at work but I have a lovely friend there who gave me a big hug. She only works one day a week but will be in the class next to me so that is nice also. It is actually nice to call someone a friend 💖 I am going back to see my new pdoc in the next school holidays so it does not impact on work when the kids are back. We will keep appointments to the holidays and that is more than enough for me with seeing my psych and GP more regularly. 

@Faith-and-Hope I have been a bit worried about you Hon and feel for you with having to go through everything. With my last big clean up in the spare room I came across quite a few things that I needed to get rid of - those memories and experiences that came with them needed to be gone - so it all went to the tip. It is really hard going sorting those things out so I am not surprised there were tears. It is an accumulation of your life you thought you had and to go through it all now would be so hard for you. ...but the silver lining is you can start your new life in however way you want ...and to discard some of the old in a physical sense also helps emotionally - but it hurts along the way. Much love and strength to you sweetheart 💕

@Snowie @TAB @Former-Member Thank you for the well wishes - I cannot believe we are back as the holidays just flew by but I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Well done @Zoe7  thanks for tag and the update 😸 

think I need to take myself for a short holiday/long weekend ish away now school is back. Been getting a bit run down physically then mentally gets circular. A change would be good  Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Former-Member 

That sounds like a great idea @TAB A change of scenery and routine can have great impact on our wellbeing 👍

It is helping with closure in some directions  @Snowie  @Zoe7 ….. ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 hope today went brilliantly for you and the whole term and year are a breeze.

How exciting that you are having a positive impact on families already. I love your holistic approach - seeing the family not just the students.

I am sure the Mum of the "gorgeous boy" felt very assured.  

What an experience for the little fellow to be presented with such a positive environment.

Good for your with your time management skills. Sounds like you have everything under control.

Don't know what a pDoc is but get you when you say you are expected to go through everything in an hour and still manage the day afterwards.

My 💗 goes out to you and all of you whom have most likely shared similar experiences.

Good luck with it all @Zoe7 I'm sure you will be a blessing to your students.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance