Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Not sleeping @Faith-and-Hope but that's nothing new lately!!! 

I do hope you can get your nails sorted Hon and also see your grand babies. How is D2? 

D2 is going well at the moment.  She’s a great little artist 😏 and having a bit of commercial success.  She gets bratty like any other kid though, and that’s tiring, but just part of life, huh ?

I did go to sleep @Faith-and-Hope Hearing yo about D2. No doubt COVID and isolation/sheltering her from  a lot.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 how are you and Toby today ?

Hi @Former-Member Tobes is much better. He still has his cone on but is getting around much better with it. I have to let him out as he can't get through the gap in the door with the cone on but he is back to following me around everywhere and does not seem to be in any pain anymore. I am so glad I have been off this week as I would have been so worried about him if I was not home with him.

I am pretty sore and achy today but otherwise okay. I feel much better mentally and so much more relaxed. I still have my moments but getting through them much better - so that is positive. No tears for the last 2 days but still very much have the people that we have lost on my mind - it really is hard to process so much grief all at once. I do feel I will be okay to go back to work next week but thinking of all I have to catch up on is overwhelming - so trying to put it aside for now and will talk to my ass/principal next week on how to catch up. No doubt she will help with whatever I need ...and knowing that does help immensely. 

I have done some of the edging this morning but need some more bricks to finish it (about a dozen just in case a couple chip). I know Bunnings have what I need so I will go for a drive later as I can afford that small amount (and I need to go to the chemist as well) - then I can finish concreting it all in. It is too windy again today to fill with the mortar so that will have to wait.

What are you up to today?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good afternoon @Zoe7 hope you are having a good day.

So pleased to hear Toby is doing better.

I'm so sorry you have had so much grief 😔, I imagine it is very hard to process.

I am so impressed how much work you get done with such a bad back injury. You must be very tolerant.

How is that finger ?

At the moment I am in a nice Cafe enjoying a chai. My treat for the day. Have just been to see a solicitor regarding a TAC claim for an accident 3 years ago, that accident was a contributing factor to my back condition.

Got a phone back re : a job with refuge Victoria. As a support worker. So will be following that through when I get home. I need luck 🍀 🤞.

Anyway I hope you have a good day 😊 and both you and Tobes are able to continue with your recovery.

Sending you all the luck in the world for the job @Former-Member Very exciting and I so hope it comes through for you Hon 🤞🍀

I have actually had to have pain relief today Maggie - was just too much. My back does become very restrictive some times. At its worst I cannot walk very well as it affects my legs. The pain I can often get through but hard to do anything when I struggle to walk or stand.

My finger is very sore today ...and now I have sat down I am feeling exhausted so I may not go out until tonight and therefore won't finish the path until tomorrow - but that is okay - more time with Tobes 👍🐶💖

Good afternoon @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @tyme @Shaz51  and anyone else around.

Wishing you all a good day.

@Zoe7 I hope the finger and Tobes is on the mend. Sounds like you have had a few big days. Well done for accomplishing so much.

👋💕 @Snowie 

❤️😘 @Zoe7  and @Zoe7 ‘s finger

All the best with the new job @Former-Member 🎈

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Former-Member Been to Bunnings and the chemist - Tobes with me of course. Have enough bricks to finish the edging (plus a few spare just in case any crack). Will finish it soon and then I may be able to sweep in the mortar as the wind seems to have finally dropped. 

@Faith-and-Hope Finger is swollen again today but feeling a little better this afternoon. A lot of bruising and tender to touch but manageable. The mallet has been given a good talking to so I hope it stops jumping sideways onto my fingers for the rest of today 👍

@Snowie It is really nice to see the path come together. I can envisage what it will all look like when I can one day finish the whole area. Bunnings still do not have the pavers I need but that is okay (for now) as I cannot afford them right now. Hoping for Bunnings gift cards for my birthday and christmas so I can use them to get more. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance