Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@Exoplanet .I’m so sorry. I am not that fond of the choice you are making but I respect its your choice whatever you decide and will support you in that. It was a very brave post and thank you for sharing it with us. We all do truly care for you and want the best for you. 

Good luck with the mamogram. I’m hoping it’s something different to what you think but understand that is not likely given your family history. 

Im hoping your daughter and sisters give you the love and support you need going forward. I’m sure you’ll have much support here too. Please keep writing here if it helps you. 💜🤗

3C0D1E80-6080-41CC-98D1-763E5F862FCF.jpegIMG_3843.JPGIMG_3839.JPGIMG_3647.JPG

sending many dog/human hugs. 

Dear Special @Exoplanet   words are just inadequate.  Sending much love and many hugs xx  HeartHeartHeart

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet I am so so sorry to hear your news. As @eth  so rightly said words are inadequate. I am here whenever you want to talk or just need somone to listen. Love greenpeaxxxHeart

Not many words from me either but oodles and oodles of love to you @Exoplanet ❤❤❤

I was very sad to read your post, but feel you have the right to draw your own lines in the sand.  I always have loved your uniqueness and style. Your connection the land and practical nature. I will remember you @Exoplanet 

Heart

@Exoplanet  sending you lots of love and hugs my awesome friend , walking with you xoxo

Dear @Exoplanet 

You have so much to contend with.

Your family medical history would be frightening you even more.

Your doctor sounds as though she is listening to you and hearing how you are feeling. This is so important for you.

It is vital that you have someone there for you during this time. 

Accepting death is a part of life as you have stated. There is nothing wrong in your thinking in this way.

This does not mean that you will want this as the process evolves. You might or you might not.

This is how you are feeling now. Your thought process is taking you through natural responses.

I believe that you are honestly approaching and opening up about what would have been a tremendous shock.

Your thoughts today do not have to be your thoughts tomorrow.

You also do not have to justify your feelings.They belong to you. 

There are so many confusing emotions that present themselves.

Having trust in your doctor will help you.

There are new treatments being discovered so often especially in Australia.

You will know when it is the right time to tell your daughter and sisters as you mentioned.

I am so sorry that you did not get to talk to your brother ...losing a family member in this way would be devastating on top of the loss of your other family members.

Sometimes situations like this bring family members together...leaving behind any past difficulties.

I do care about you Exo. I want you to know that you are one person whom I think about at times when I am absent from the forums.

Imagining that I am hugging you tightly as I write this.

💜

One day at a time Exo...

Biopsy today. My Daughter rang again last night, it was a lovely surprise, though it ended in my feeling quite angry - & my greatest fear of loosing my will to choose soaring. I also told a Sister, that Sister had rung my Daughter & between them they've decided I have stage 3 . . . I haven't even had the biopsy yet, from what I've looked up they need to remove nodes {which happens during surgery} to see if they're affected, before they can tell what stage. I think some of my anger is actually guilt, my Daughter told me she thought I've known about this for months & deliberately left it, she called it suicide, which is somewhat true, though I can't remember how long ago I noticed it & it's NOT suicide, it was my decision when to go to the Doctor, that may be the only decision of my choice that I get. I'm begining to regret both going to the Doctor & telling my Daughter & Sister. I have this great feeling of 'how dare they', they have had little to do with me, if I don't go to them I don't see them; I know that because I stopped going to see them a couple of years ago & I haven't seen them, I haven't even heard from them much. I don't think it's very considerate of me to be putting these things on me right now, though I realize everybody reacts to a shock differently. I need to try & stay as positive as I can & they're making it very hard already! 

thinking of you lots @Exoplanet
i know its pretty tough for you right now and im not that sure what to say that might be helpful but im here for you 💚💛

Hi @Exoplanet 

So sorry to hear the difficulties in this. It must be so hard to want to maintain your own choices and have that not understood. It might just take some time for your family as they may be reacting out of love, which can seem confusing I am sure. 

I just wanted to share a really useful helpline that you might like to reach out to chat more one on one around your feelings on this and your diagnosis. You can also give this helpline to your daughter and sister if you think it might help them to redirect some of their fears or feelings towards this support to work through it.

Breat Cancer Network Australia

Anyone who has been affected by breast cancer can call BCNA's Helpline on 1800 500 258 between 9.00 am and 6.00 pm (AEST) Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on a Friday.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance