Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Crime shows primarly British but not all talk space

Hi @Schitzo @Eve7 @Shaz51  and all those who enjoys shows like Midsomer Murders, Father Brown, Vera and Silent Witness as examples. This is a place to discuss who done it, clothing worn basically anything you like about the shows etc. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Love peaxxx

Midsomer Murders (TV Series 1997– ) - IMDbFather Brown (TV Series 2013– ) - IMDbVera TV Show: News, Videos, Full Episodes and More | TV GuideBuy Silent Witness - Season 22 on DVD | Sanity Online

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Crime shows primarly British but not all talk space

Hey everyone at 1.30pm there is a repeat of Father Brown then at  5.30 today is a repeat of Midsomer so will be watching :p. Then is Father Brown new episode at 7.30pm will try and watch is hard as I am feeling exhausted at that time . Looking forward to hear what everyone thinks of the shows. Love pea:)xx

@greenpea  They are some of my favs. 💚💚💚👍👍👍

@Maggie  Yes there is something about Brit crime shows they have a thing about them particularly the BBC ones I think. I must admit I am a sucker for the Agatha Christie Miss Marple movies too with Geraldine McEwan as Miss Marple. I love the fashions of that era.

Bruna Papandrea Producing Series Based on Agatha Christie's Miss Marple  Books | Women and Hollywood

Me too @greenpea  but I’d hate to have to wear them.

I like the face that it doesn’t go over the top with stuff, and you get to work some of it out yourself. 

@Maggie  Me too I love trying to work it out but never can lol. Doesnt stop me from trying though 😄

@greenpea @Maggie I am a total UK crime junkie. I've done a Midsommer locations tour through Berkshire and Oxfordshire but Gently and Endeavour are my current favs, oh and Line of Duty and Banks ... Gosh so many!

Morning @greenpea 

I love my crime shows & movies, but they are the American ones. Although, I'm totally into Wentworth, which is an Aussie drama on Foxtel.

I did get into Silent Witness & Line of Duty at one stage though.

You all seem to highly recommend Midsomers Murders - maybe I should give it a go?!?

@SJT63  says " I am a total UK crime junkie. I've done a Midsommer locations tour through Berkshire and Oxfordshire"

OMG! how fantastic I would love to go on a tour through the locations :D! I suppose it was so different from what you would think it looked like in rl 🙂

@SJT63  says " ...Gently and Endeavour are my current favs, oh and Line of Duty and Banks ... Gosh so many!"

I will have to watch those. Are they on Netflix?

@WIP  Hey WIP I love my American crime and also Aussie crime (I can thoroughly recommend the series Blue Murder based on Roger Rogerson brilliant acting). Midsomer is lovely as it takes in the English countryside and characters plus it has the darker edge. Funny my son2 who watches it with me says to live in Midsomer you need a mastif for protection!:D

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance