Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Yep in a way it did @outlander but I found my comfort zone again (it's doable). I think change of any kind can take some adjusting to and it's OK for it to need some adjusting to if that's what it needs. How do you feel about talking with CMs about this? It might be helpful.

I will send an email hopefully tomoz when i can. @CheerBear just wanted to see if anyone else maybe had this experience too. change does take some adjusting to thats for sure

Good to hear you'll send something across @outlander. I think it's a good place to turn for something like this. But I also see the value in hearing others have experienced what we have. You're totally not alone with it.

I've had a way overstimulating day and am wired, not tired, and nowhere near a level of chill I need for sleep. My off switch is broken (that or I am on my phone too late tonight 😉). I better head off. Big love and hope you find your comfort zone with this one soon ❤

It might be a bit different for me @outlander because I was on the Carer’s forum first, and only started to venture over here when other forumites like @Appleblossom ”crossed the divide” and offered support from the LE side of what a lot of us as carers struggle with ..... that voice of experience offers us incredible insight as to what is effective caring practice or not .... basically explaining the support needs of the “cared-for” from the inside out, and helping us to understand when there are crappy behaviours involved that we should be standing our ground over, and when to back down, or how to practice listening better, because that’s the more effective support.

Ling story short/er it meant that I could seek support on that side of the forums, and give it more on this side, as I was gradually accepted as a presence here (still really humbled by that btw .... it’s a privilege, not a given).

Once I gained some courage I opened a thread or two on LE, because, as you know, situational depression and anxiety can be a big part of the caring role, along with burnout triggering MI issues amongst carers, and @Zoe7 has always been a strong support for me in all of that struggle.

It means that all of us are here in need of support, whether CG’s or not, and part of that authenticity of the CG role is being able to say that we are as vulnerable as anyone else here.  Most CG’s and forum friends are only a tag away (plus time to respond if we’re irl busy ....) like you tagged @CheerBear @and me tonight.

Does that help ?

Excellent suggestion re CM support @CheerBear 👍

@outlander

@Faith-and-Hope & CB have said it well.

I definitely struggled initially with the role of CG and balancing my own needs or reaching out for support. It's just as important to take of your needs as taking care of others. I like to think of it as putting your own oxygen mask on first before helping others.

Thank you @Sans911 @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope for sharing your experiences. It does help. 💟💟Just learning the balancing act as with everything I suppose.

I think you’re doing a great job @outlander, but it’s also natural to be a bit unsure in any new role.

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope 💞
It doesn't really feel like a huge issue more of an adjusting and learning thing atm.

Goodnight @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @oceangirl @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Sans911 (sis xo) and all😴💜💙💛💚🧡❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance