Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

She doesnt know of any other meds since ive exhausted my options. Last pdoc said the meds im on right now are my last hope and if they dont work then theres nothing left to try. 

I asked even if decreasing them abit would be ok because right now one of the meds i go through  basically every week and they arent on pbs. 

I guess ill see what this other psychiatrist  says. Im abit over it and i told her that today. She gives the impression that if i keep getting pumped full of meds then i wont have to see her as much cause today even after her saying she would like to investigate more on the ecg that she will just see me when i see my nurse  (every 6-8 weeks) unless i feel i need to see her. 

Im aware some of my ecg is more then likely  my anxiety. She explained the high cortisol levels due to stress  and stuff thankfully but leaving it at pointing out the issues then not answering  my worries just makes me worry even more. 

The parts that were mentioned  in the ecg also went in line with the times i said i was having the other symptoms and even more when im sleeping. On that 24hr monitor i had i was asleep between 1ish and 7am  but there was still stuff happening during those hrs which she said could be why i wake up sometimes  as well. You could only really tell i was asleep around 5 when the HR slows right down. Im not really sure what to do with that info. I was thinking maybe a second opinion to just clarify and explain it more but i dont want to come across as over reacting either. 

@Sans911  ^^^^

Thats ok @Faith-and-Hope  your in good company until you face plant lol. 

Goodnight sis @Sans911 💜💜 

Goodnight @Faith-and-Hope  and everyone ❤❤

I hope I get home early enough to enjoy being out in the garden for a little while too @Ali11 Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member That post from a new member was removed for a reason and sometimes when that happens any responses are automatically removed as well. It would not have been anything you did or wrote but a carry on from the removal of the original post you responded to. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh good, thats a relief. Thanks @Zoe7 . I expect you would have read it, prior to removal. It was really strange, and was rightly removed.

Have a good day my friend.

@outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Teej 

Sherry 😀

Yes it was @Former-Member and I can very much see why it was removed. Glad the moderators were all over it so quickly Smiley Very Happy One line in particular could have been seen as threatening and that is unacceptable in any form on the forum.

Hearing you @outlander re:meds and other concerns. I completely understand why you want a second opinion, which is not an over reaction at all. The only issue is that the next health professional may want to repeat those tests (and maybe more) again. At the end of the day, however, you are the patient and deserve to have answers as to your concerns. That's only reasonable. Even more so when it comes to the heart. At your young age, your heart should be able to compensate quite easily for high hr or other abnormalities. If it's not, it warrants further investigation. Has there been any discussion about referring you to a cardiologist?

Morning everyone
wishing you all a good day
@Former-Member @Sans911 @Zoe7 @ali1 @Faith-and-Hope and all passing through Heart

@Sans911
My current gp hasnt meantioned a cardiologist as yet, basically what ive written here is all that we discussed- so higher cortisol levels making my heart go funny at whatever time it chooses (does it at times when im pretty calm too) , and that my anxiety is the cause of it-thats basically all of it and when i questioned it she didnt respond. the trouble that im noticing though is my blood tests dont show high cortisol levels. basically i have picture perfect bloods and has been that way for a long time (except when i had an infection it showed that).
Wish i knew someone who could read ecgs properly and could explain it to me.

would it be over reacting if i go a second opinion? ive already been such a burden to the system with all these tests and things
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance