Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Afternoon @Sans911 

How are you going today?

I think daylight savings ends this Sunday night hun. Means we will only be 2 hrs apart

feeling a bit clummy but ok @Sans911 , thank you Heart

I spoke with my gp not to long ago about the results about my other test-good new theres no infection but bad thing is itll need more investigation but cause I cant go in there much now its going to make it very hard.
also said its good they are negative but she doesn't know if its the flu.
I cant go in there for her to check. shes doing everything by phone appointment now.
I have times where my cough is only minor but then coughing fits start and the more I cough the more I start to sweat and chest aches. I told her this and she didn't say anything about it but I cant go into the clinic except to just pick up the scripts I need.

now that my results are negative its gone back to me having the kids though and im trying to stay away as much as possible still. now that theres no excuses not to go out im finding it difficult to say no, with the possible infections I had a reason and I know I don't need a reason not to watch them but atm that's the way I cope with saying no abit. im still going to try and not put my hand up for anything though, and still keep with my limits of watching them just the usual regular hours not extra hours on the weekend or overnight etc just what they have on their rosters
im really frustrated and upset over this stupid crisis, its affecting everything!

also-our daylight savings here in the east finish on the 5th of April.

@outlander   great news that it's not the covid virus, but sorry you still have a flu.  You could ask your doctor to fax your scripts to your chemist so that there's one less place you have to be around other (possibly sick) people.  Also sorry to hear that you can't take a break from looking after the kids while you recuperate.  Look after yourself as much as you can.  

@Shaz51  you take care too.

xoxo to all here.

Hi @outlander  great to hear your news about your results. It must be frustrating not being able to get checked by your gp the way we used to. Rest and lots of fluids....
Great to hear you are still practicing some self care even though the result came back negative and  your not pushing yourself to do too much. 

This crisis is frustrating and it will take some time to get use to a new way of living. We are all in this together. 

thanks @eth @Lee82
and of course everyone!

@eth drs not sure if its a flu cause I cant go in there, ill just have to wing it and do the best I can at home. yeah with school finishing 3 weeks early its put quite a strain on things too (not kids fault of course) right now if things were normal they would still have almost 2 weeks left of school then the holidays.

@Lee82 yeah I know lots of rest and fluids @Sans911 has given nurse orders so im doing that already 😏

Would anyone be around atm?

Hello @outlander 

Just reading rough time thread and catching up onr news.  So good your results are negative re Covid.

All the extra stresses re who to look after.  and how long a... and how far away ... and how that translates into lots of little daily actions ....

thanks @Appleblossom
its good that both parents still have a job and will continue to through this crisis but its also making it tricky for me too. they are only kids too so a lot of adjustments for them to go through as well.
just tough all round atm I think

Thinking of you and sending warm wishes @outlander   Hope you can find some moments for yourself today xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance