Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: rough time

You said earlier @outlander  that you feel like just putting your head in the sand. Unfortunately, while ever you remain your Pops carer, there is no way of avoiding the many issues that dementia brings. There is no way of escaping or ignoring them. But the best way for both of you to cope and manage, is to be as knowledgable about it as possible. This course will help with that. I know you have always been dedicated to your studies, and Im sure you will be with this one too.

And there is the added benefit of giving you a much needed distraction in your evenings. In between catering to Pops demands and needs, and being a fill-in mother to your siblings. I hope thats not being too blunt Little One. I just dont like seeing your good nature and willingness to help, being taken advantage of.

Sherry πŸ˜’πŸ’•

Hi @outlander . That is really not nice. Feels terrible to be left out like that. My family had a dinner party once and told me i had to go out somewhere while they were enjoying themselves. You can't pick your family unfortunately.  I hope the coming week is better for you.

hi @Calmblueocean
im sorry your family is difficult and excluding too. its hard when its like that. i hope your week is better for you too.

yes, youre right @Former-Member
i cant really avoid it. i guess its better to at least have the knowledge there even if i feel like burying my head and ignoring it.
i know my depression is coming in full throttle, felt it circling the drain for a while but more recent events have just brought it on faster including the caring roles so its making me want to avoid it i guess.
Former-Member
Not applicable

All very understandable @outlander . But I know you can, and will, push through it. πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ’•

Any help you need with this course @outlander I'm right here for you. Just ask anytime, even if you know the subject but you want to run it by someone else, no problem. OK?

thanks @Former-Member Heart

thank you @Sans911 πŸ’œ it doesn't start for another day or 2 yet but it goes for a few months
Former-Member
Not applicable

Just wanted to say good night to you @outlander  ... so ... Good night.  πŸ’•πŸ’€

How are you? @Snowie @Sans911 πŸ’•
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance