Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Sorry to hear this @BlueBay
I am thinking of you my friend

Morning everyone @Flying_Hams @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Maggie and others reading 

i made an appt ages ago to see my psychologist for this Tuesday. While talking to my dietitian yesterday he said I had no appt to see my psychologist. He told me he would look into it and call me back. Apparently there's no appointment booked. 
I'm angry annoyed and upset because I've waited 7 weeks to see her and niw I have no idea when I'm seeing her. Apparently she is going to call me next week to make an appt. 

this lockdown is getting worse. There's talk that we will go to next stage of lockdown.  

@Shaz51  I'm sorry to read that you're not well sis. Thinking if you. Xx

@BlueBay  I’ve just caught up. I’ve been offline for a few days , trying to find some level ground.

Its sounding really tough for you. I hope they sort out your psych appointment soon. Take care. 💙💙💙

Thank you @Maggie ❤️
I weighed myself this morning and this has now made me spiral down. I have lost my battle to lose weight now. It's all gone. My excessive eating is not helping. I did well last  week. Even my dietitian was hsppy. We haven't finished our sessions which is good. 
but now it's all gone. My mission to be better has gone. 
I'm going. I can't think right now. 

Hi BlueBay
Sorry to hear your weight loss challenges has impacted on your mission to be better. Hopefully when you can, you can refer to your plan as a reminder and a help
regards
lola [moderator]

Hi @lola 

sorry i just saw your post.

i am feeling defeated because i don't know what to do

i think i will speak with my dietitian, he is trying to help me with my strong emotions connected to excessive eating.

Hugs @BlueBay  .....

hugs my sister @BlueBay HeartHeart

Omg new lockdown just in for melb 

I'm not coping 

I feel like my life will now be totally closed 

I feel like the govt is suffocating us even more 

these new rules are too much to take in. 
@Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @Flying_Hams @Owlunar 

Hi @BlueBay

I understand what you are saying and feeling but really - you and I and the rest of us can and will deal with this - what else can do?

I had a look at the internet but I am not sure if what I was reading for the next 6 weeks but it doesn't seem much harder than it has been - and tough - yes - this I know but what is the alternative?

And we can still go out for necessary reasons - but I guess you are thinking about living in the Crowded House for 6 weeks and this won't be easy for you - and in reality - anyone in your home so you need to try and work out a few things there so you are not pushed around by other people there

You need to ask someone else to cook dinner and not just wait for them to imagine you might want nothing - yes - I know that one - I am glad I was the cook most of the time and it does seem as if your family expects you to do the lion's share. If you want the house quiet - then inform people you have a headache if you do - or you just want it quiet. 

I think you probably need a family round table meeting to sort out some rules so no one feels pushed around and you need to speak up - I am sure you can do this - if it works out the pay-off would make the lockdown more bearable - and I do understand - it will be hard for you - for everyone - 

It might seems as if the Government is trying to suffocate us - but actually it's the coronavirus and imo it would be a lot worse than staying at home - and then there are people who didn't keep the earlier rules and they are responsible for a lot - and this bites me a bit - it bites many people I am sure - when most people keep the lock down rules and some people don't

I understand what you are saying - at the beginning of my 7 days of total isolation I was unprepared - I  only got the email during the time I was at the doctors getting my COVID test. I coudn't leave the house for any reason and the only person I saw was the lady who came to help me out with my shower and then the lady who drove me to the hospital on Friday morning - and at the beginning I felt it was a tough ask but necessary - I got through it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I am sure none of us want the virus to spread any further

So I don't know if your work is affected - but I do recall you have a Centrelink payment available and that should help - I hope you do have that.

So do your best to live it one day at a time - or one hour at a time or even 20 minutes at a time - and tell yourself you will deal with it - which is all we can do - I do understand though - you need time in hospital and maybe that won't happen and I do get it - I very nearly didn't get my elective surgery - and those few days waiting to find out were really tough on my nerves and I am pretty resilient

I am thinking of you

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance