Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

@saturnzoon  It can be terrible when we cant just get ahead of the bills.  Meds can help take the edge off fear and panic, but those issues still need attention. I get that you are a mum and battling.  The old Aussie battler image is still one a lot fo us relate to.

Smiley Happy

Not necessarily an issue of mental health.

Smiley Indifferent

Finances are one of the facts of life, and as such the younger generation does need a little teaching about it so it does not all come crashing down on them when they have to totally fend for themselves. 

When we were little kids we helped our single mum.  It is time for your kids to learn some of those lessons.  Not sure exactly where you draw the line. Only you can know that.  FInd simple ways to do it, but we are not doing kids favours by letting them get away with too much. They might be annoyed in the short term, but in the long term, it is better.  Each family does it in their own way. Some put all the bills on the table and have meetings. If they do chip in and try and be responsible give them credit/ hugs movie time etc  whateva is possible.  

Taking Care of you is GOOD.

@saturnzoon  Hey sweetheart is there anyone that can lend you a hand with all of your finances. Your financial problems have been giving you grief for a long time now. I am sure that st. vincent de paul help out with financial difficulties as in giving you a plan to work with.  Is there anyone in your family (even that ex of yours) that can help out.

Am thinking of you as financial stress nearly did me in years back so I know the pain of what you are suffering. Love peax

@saturnzoon  there's no way around financial responsibilities unfortunately. I know with myself doing part payments, budgeting every fortnight and not living beyond my means helps . X amount only goes so far . All the best. I hope you work it out. Also maybe try financial counselling. 

@BlueBay  some ailments don't go away. They only get worse and become more .

Hey @saturnzoon... not a good place to be in.
I'll ditto pretty much what everyone else has said. Financial counselling sounds like a really good idea, and St Vincent de Paul has a good reputation for that.
Rather than getting an "advance" or "loan" from Centrelink, maybe it would be worthwhile setting things up to have a regular amount taken out of your payment each fortnight for bills. They average out your usual yearly amount so that you don't get huge bills in winter compared to summer, and once that payment system is in place, the utilities companies don't chase you up, because they know the money is guaranteed to come in regularly. Maybe St Vins might be able to help you set that up?

Meanwhile. big hugs...

bear-best-friends-forever-drawing-clip-art-friends.jpg

My friend @saturnzoon
I am sorry to see you in such a period of strife.
Could you reach out for help from various charities and appeals? Maybe they can offer some assistance with your finances and bills and such. Even planners and managers to figure it out.
Like the salvos or mission Australia?
As always we are here to support you mate 🙂

Even though I’m on meds for BP it still needs to be monitored.--- me too @BlueBay Heart

so the chemist said today I can drop in ther to get mine tested since i don`t have one at home xxx

how are you tonight my sister xx

Hi @Shaz51  my blood pressure is better today. 

Im feeling a bit down. I hope you feel better soon xx

@Shaz51 @MDT @Smc @eudemonism @greenpea @Owlunar  @Gazza75  @Maggie @Razzle abd others following 

I wish my mum was caring supportive and loving to me but instead she’s a bitch. 

I phoned her this morning and she says “don’t include me and dad to A burthday”. I told her it was just us and she replied “no dad doesn’t like too much noise he likes to stay home”. 

I’m not going to their house now for a while. 

Why cant she be like my friends mums. My friend has an amazing mum who helps her and does so much. She involves herself in her grandchildren’s lives. Mine - nothing. 

You know it really hurts. So many times I’ve had knock backs, so many lies to suit her. 

This is not what a mum is supposed to do. 

I know I’ll have a good time tomorrow eith A. I’ll spend it eith my own children.  

It makes me so angry that she puts my brothers visit before a birthday party. 

I get so angry that my thinking and behaviour is so negative. And my anger is quite high. 😡😢

@BlueBay  I wish I had an answer as to why there are so many mother bitches in the world, but I don’t. I get what you say, and why you feel as you do, plus the anger. All I hope is that it doesn’t spoil your day with A and your family tomorrow. You have done all you can. Sending these 💕💜💕💜💕and the best wishes for some nice moments today, and lots tomorrow.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance