Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: about carer's fatigue

Hello @Kiera80 , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Mandy1 

@Jay-e , @Carlachris , @FindingStrength , @Boo13 , @Scoo 

Carer's fatigue

@Shaz51 @Mandy1 @Determined @Former-Member @Kiera80 

I think this hit me a few years ago when I realised that this was my life for the long haul by committing to hubby. 
I can be very robotic in how I care for him. I've accepted that because he won't get professional help the chances of fixing himself with self helps books and his faith is a very slow process if it happens at all. Although the latest book he read had CBT principles so it was helpful for him. 
I don't feel guilty because I am doing my best. I am kind and peaceful around him. I don't react anymore to his outbursts as I only lose my peace if I do.  I stick to a routine and I set boundaries because it helps me cope. I really enjoy my time alone so when hubby works back, watches tv in another room or goes out I am happy. 
This forum really helps. I don't want to become a cold or numb person. Listening to your stories gives me hope "I can do this!"  I think you are super human beings xx

hello and hugs @Scoo@Mandy1@Determined@Kiera80@flybluebird@tyme@Rhye@cloudcore 

christine-ward-compassion-fatigue-when-helping-hurts-9-638.jpg

3489af4681d65766e9cdb3a3f7f2439a.jpg

Great visuals & valuable information @Shaz51 - Thanks for sharing here 💛
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance