Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Who am I? Who are you? Who are we?

Welcome Snoo & Possum - I hope to see you around the forums 🙂

Possum - what type of dogs do you have??

jackrussel and a small terrier

Hi Everyone,

You've all shared really interesting facts about yourself, and in doing this, you've pointed out some great ways to take time out. 

I've started another thread that involves a bit of an activity that involves taking a break and then sharing the experience (photos, pictures and/or comments) with us.

I'd love to see/hear about what you do to take care of yourself. 

http://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Take-some-time-out-take-a-snap-shot-and-send-us-a-p...

This is a great thread!  Here goes.

1) crochet. I find it really soothing, and absorbing.  I tend to make presents for family and friends, mostly soft toys and the occasional blanket or cardigan. And scarves. Crochet is the best.

2) adventures around Melbourne involving lovely food, coffee, music, plays, friends etc. What a great place to live.

3) reading - all kinds, fiction/non-fiction, graphic novels, essays. My top favourites tend to float around the English classics - I love Jane Austen, Dickens, Thomas Hardy, George Elliot. 

4) baking, especially cakes and biscuits. I drop a lot on friends' doorsteps, as I can't eat as much as I like to bake! Plus, I also like the idea of living in a world where surprise cakes may appear on doorsteps of wonderful people.

Hi Harriet

MMMMMMMMMM fresh baked goodies and surprises............how lovely!

Harry

Hi Harriet, 

Please (pretty please) feel free to share those delicious baked goodies 'round by leaving a recipe on our virtual doorstep: 

http://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Winning-recipes/m-p/761#M62

I'm a foodie and can always do with new recipes Smiley Wink

I love walking in Nature, along a beach, in the bush, in a desert. Love the peaceful feeling of being at one with Nature. I also love listening to classical music, reading and writing.

Interesting list Jo! Sounds like you enjoy peaceful and introspective activities. What sort of writing do you do? 🙂

I've had a book published by New Holland Publishers titled Wings of Madness and also a handbook for carers called Copping  It Sweet. Am currently writing a book about Egypt and also a novel.  🙂

Hi,
I'm just another 47 year old (lol). I'm on disability pension....I live right on the beach in WA. I take my little silky terrier for walks and work hard at sewing dolls and other things to hopefully start up my life long dream of selling my crafts on the weekends. This is taking time because I take care of myself by having long afternoon naps, keeping in touch with people via writing cards and playing scrabble.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance