Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Srong one for you then @Maggie

Work was a lot better than I prepared myself for thanks. There is some huge stuff happening for people, particularly here, and it's still new for me in lots of ways. Getting there though. Today feels better than this time yesterday 🙂

How did your tech go yesterday? My new phone arrived 🎉 I had a quick play but put it away as it doesn't have a cover or protector screen so I am scared of it being in my clumsy hands 😆

Hows your day looking?

Giving myself a for perseverance and having another go at uploading my fabric @Maggie and anyone interested.

The first two of them are here:

I'm going for 28 blocks I think, each completely different from the others  with a border around them all 🙂

Yes @CheerBear  a very strong one.....or two....or three 😁😁

I’m pleased work was better than you prepared for. I can imagine lots of new and tricky stufff landing there, with everything that’s happening. The world is in a mess. Virus, explosion, floods, the list goes one. How do people keep on going. Not really a question, just a sigh. 

Yes, tech all done. My iPad was away for a few hours. I felt a bit insecure with it gone, like I’d said good buy to a friend. Strange connection. 

Oh a new phone. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Thats exciting. Yes, protecting it is a good move. They aren’t cheap.

Today. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

@CheerBear 🤩🤩😍😍 So beautiful, so perfect, so clever. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Well done on the perseverance too.

So with you with one, two or three @Maggie 😆

It's hard to step in to the struggle but so helpful to take time to remember that people are still going. You've just reminded me to do that, thank you ❤

Have you used your laptop much? I can imagine feeling funny without your ipad. Tech has become like that as it's so much more than the device itself.

The camera on my new phone is amazing 🤤😁 I am so looking forward to playing. I feel like a dinosaur though as I am switching from something I know to something I don't. I've had Samsung phones for quite a few years now, and this is not one. I was pretty surprised at how much I struggled with it last night. I'll put the sim card in and switch it all across for good tonight or tomorrow, when I have time to then learn how to use it!

Thank you 😊 I'm excited as I don't really know what I am doing and maths and precision are not my thing at all. They've turned out better than I thought. That's the batik fabric I mentioned 😍

Any idea how 🤔🤔🤔🤔 might look today? Do you have student or a visitor?

@CheerBear  The laptop is a scary thing at the moment 😂😂😂. Seeing as  I gurgled myself in my first attempt. Counsellor turned it on twice, which looked simple. But it looked simple the first time too. We will play on Friday, when she comes. I’m sharing data, so the hot spot proved hotter, Burnie hotter. 😂😂😂 I don’t do tech well. 

I can see the new phone camera getting a workout when you sort it all out. It’s exciting. If you feel like a dinosaur, image how I feel with tech stuff. I still prefer the simple life, but I do like the access to the world, and yes, I just contradicted yourself.

I looked up the batik fabric, some look home dyed. I had trouble with precision when I tried, it put me off a bit, as it’s tricky, fiddley. Plus the sewing machine can take off if a led foot happens. You are doing so well. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Today 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I just don’t want it. Mr Christian might call. Student is coming next week. I said I wasn’t available this week. Insecurities raging. 

I thought of you while I was asking myself things like "how do I go back, how do I open gallery, where's the home button" while my kids laughed 😆 I really feel for people who can't keep up. Tech makes us keep up or fall behind :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I hear you with the tricky of sewing. I'm not totally sure it's my thing yet (that's probably always going to be crochet) but it's another thing to add to the list to play with. I am excited about putting more of the blocks together. I'll spend tomorrow doing that. I have 5 now (and I'm super excited about using my new camera to take photos of them to show you too 🤣).

I wish I could take those tricky, don't want to do it, days away. And those insecurities too. Is there anything in particular driving the insecurities?

@CheerBear  I can imagine you Crew laughing 😂😂😂 I thought I was catching up yesterday, asking about recording stuff on the tiny plug ins. Counsellor told me people just plug in the laptop. I’m lost in the tech world.

Yes, I get the not sure it’s my thing bit. But trying new things is really good and challenging. I think cross stitch has been my thing for a long time. It’s like visiting an old friend. But my eyes aren’t liking it now, so it’s tricky. I might visit there today. Thanks, you just gave me a kick ( gentle) start. 👍👍

Some of the insecurity comes from trying to run ahead of myself @CheerBear . I’ve found a lady who is making huge strides through DID. Her background is soooo similar to mine, I felt like I was reading my own story, give or take a few episodes. I forget that her book is the result of years of hard work. But she’s proving it is possible.

I feel sad that your eyes aren't liking it now @Maggie. I hope visiting it today feels good ❤

Mega love for the insecurities. It is possible though hard to believe sometimes. You show it too. It has been and still is, a real honour (not wanting to sound cheesy) to have seen your little steps, big leaps, and huge strides over the last few years. Your never ending courage in keeping on keeping on and in challenging yourself while respecting your limits, has inspired me to try the same. You shine Maggie and we are very lucky to have you in our lives.

On that mushy note 😉😆 I better head off. Dishes and duck to the shop for coffee before I start the day.

❤ to all 🌈

@CheerBear  Is it a feral run to the coffee shop this morning before work ? 

Thankyou. You made me feel teary ( in a squishy way). Love having you in my life @CheerBear . You might never know how much you have actually done, but magic happens through screens, from island to state, heart to heart. Mega 💙💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance