Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning @Maggie  and hi to all πŸ‘‹

It's so cold here this morning. I had two cats and a kid snuggled up in my bed this morning, all who came in cold throughout the night. 

My turn to drop off a cuppa this morning @Maggie. This one is inspired by warm cats 😊

images - 2020-04-05T045147.675.jpeg

Good morning @CheerBear. β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ Did you remember to turn your clock back?

Yes, a cold morning here also. I have had a small dog tucked under me. 🐢🐢🐢

She now has a nice warm jacket on, and is on my knee.

You will be nice and warm between kids and cats.

Cant see pic you.

Morning @Maggie πŸ™‚ I'd completely forgotten about the clock changing! My phone and our devices do it on their own so I would have been none the wiser if you hadn't mentioned it 😁 We have very little sense of time at the moment. Hours and days blurring. No routine. No structure to the day... It's kind of fun to not be controlled by the clock in a way πŸ™‚

Awww. What colour is her jacket? I can't get anything on my cats. When I do try and put things on them it's usually totally impractical stuff like hats, glasses and skirts, so maybe that's why πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

How was your yesterday?

I wish my devices changed automatically @CheerBear, I will be taking the kitchen clock down later to change.

I get the no structure in the days now @CheerBear . Not being controlled by the clock might be kind of relaxing, taking some stress out of life. No doubt there are areas where structure might help.

i walked to the local IGA store yesterday. In part to move out of the four wall space, but I needed a few things also, like a bag of snakes. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

She has a few jackets @CheerBear . This one is purple. It has a fluffy collar and cool zip. They are just for fashion. My dog is in fashion, I am not, excluding shoes. Even my pastor comments on my shoes. 

I dont think hats , glasses and skirts would go down well here either. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I love that Miss is in fashion @Maggie! Purple with fluff sounds awesome! Also big smiles at your shoes. Very cool πŸ‘πŸ˜β€ I found this photo of Noodle looking very smart with thier reading glasses. It's a rare pic of one of them tolerating me for enough time to snap a memory πŸ˜πŸ€“

20200405_061221.jpg

I'm watching Noodle and Rocket boxing each other at the moment. Funny to see cats playing like that.

How did you find going to IGA and getting out of the house? I miss snakes 🀀 Are you and furbaby still getting out for walks?

How's today looking for you? (Alllll the questions just then πŸ˜†)

Just saw your first pic @CheerBear , cute.

Waiting for the second, but already have a pic in my mind.

Cats playing are lovely. They can get rough.

Getting out was really good. The street had no cars, that was a first. It’s usually bumper to bumper.

No, not walking with fur baby. She was getting really stressed. She hates being on a lead. And the world is too frightening for her. I walk around the flats a few times  a day. She sniffs and does what dogs like to do. She prefers that.

How did your baking go yesterday? Did you have some for tea?

I mixed some paint in small sealed containers yesterday. I have a stone pattern in mind. I might do it today, not really sure. I’m really blobby atm.

They get so rough @Maggie. It appears Rocket has no respect or concept of personal space so she annoys the heck out of the other two. I think she thinks everything in this world exists to entertain her. I love her 😊 (I love all of them).

That sucks for furbaby getting stressed and frightened. She's lucky to have someone in tune enough to understand that.

We played other stuff yesterday and didn't need the baking, though all of the crew have said that's what they want to do today. Little was playing with a cool electronics kind of kit, sort of like a little circuit board that you build and can make it do different things with switches and wires. It's simpler than it sounds but still challenging. Middle was constructing a metal car, like Meccano (but not Meccano). That kept them busy. I spent too much time in the kitchen cleaning and organising so I was happy to leave it as making soup and not baking πŸ™‚ Had to move some things around so we could put the heater on for the first time since winter.

Blobby doesn't sound like fun and hard to get motivated if you're blobby I imagine. Love the idea of a stone (and a bit jealous about that one!).

So often online can be frustrating. @CheerBear , I have so many stones. Counsellor collects some when she goes to the beach. I wish I could share them with you, as well as other crafty stuff. It would cut costs is many areas.

Rocket does sound like a character. No respect for personal space, only a cat could get away with that being acceptable. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My girl is all over me first thing in the morning. Trying to dodge her face licking , running up and down my body. She too has no respect for personal space either. No one else on the planet would ever get that close to me and live. Lol.

The games sound amazing. My brothers used meccano, hours or entertainment.

I still remember the monopoly game. I was board senseless. It took forever. 

Making soup and cleaning the kitchen sounds like enough for the day. I remember baking a cake with some kids some years back. It was for a birthday. We mixed colours. Nothing fancy like you do, just fun.

Self motivation is hard. I am a bit stuck in a few books though, that’s part of the problem. Reading, thinking. Thinking, reading. Not like I need more thinking material. My brain never seems to stop.

Lol. I just saw your pic. @CheerBear . What a character she is.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ―πŸ―πŸ―πŸ―πŸ―

@CheerBear  I see you are up already. Dropping off a coffeeβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

Its very cold here. We even have snow on the mountains already. It’s going to be a long cold winter I think.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance