Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

What wonderful ways you can help @Sophie1 .  As tourism such a big employer,  visiting and spending in these towns when they rebuild will be so helpful in the long run.  

@Sophie1 💕

How are you going @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member 

thx for checking in - I'm exhausted being back at work and struggling with my own hip pain still - tho improving slowly in fits and starts so that's good 

MsS is having some success with latest migraine treatments so we are feeling hopeful 

MsS is also struggling with depressive cycle still tho so I'm focused on doing things she can follow me in or not ...like I found some science news apps and put them in her phone  as I know she loves that kind of news .. also went to A local food market and altho she couldn't come with as headache too bad she did do a load of washing and dishes at my request while I'm gone and felt proud when I praised her upon my return - 

actually I'm really a bit tired and will make an early night of it - need my sleep when back at work - will comment on the wellness thread tomorrow - I read the topic on way home on train tonight 

thx Darcy for checking in... hope Mr D is doing ok - I'll catch up on threads tomorrow x

Hope you and MsS are doing okay @Sophie1 I'm just back at work after the Xmas break and it's feeling like a bit of a struggle at the moment to get back in the swing of things!

@Sophie1 

Trust you got in a little R&R this afternoon and that the hip is easing a little.

Checking in @Sophie1 

Hi  @Former-Member  you must be psychic - you have a funny way of checking in on me when I am not doing so well

I spent a day in bed with a migraine brought on by work stress and general overwhelmed feelings

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday having heated robust discussions at work and was exhausted and stressed by this Morning and my head exploded and neck went like a rock ... so I took my migraine meds and now feeling totally better just a bit fragile so will go to work tomorrow albeit gently

sometimes I feel so fragile  and unreliable

on the plus side I am getting on top of my hip pain slowly improving

ms S was home with headache pains and depression all week so that didn't help either - hard to motivate  myself when she is in bed and has no responsibilities- but I can see the genuine suffering in Msand then I feel bad for being jealous ... sigh 🤷‍♀️

@Sophie1 

When things get overwhelming, nothing seems to go right ☹️.

The load of bring the provider  

and caring can at times weigh heavily on us.

Do you have a counselor that can help you navigate through some of the challenges you are facing at present?

Hi @Former-Member  i don't have a counsellor at the moment but think maybe it's time to connect again with one 

I think I may use my workplace Eap provider as they give 6 free sessions 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance