Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Useless
New Contributor

Seizures

I have seizures all the time im 34 and I just feel empty and useless in everyway I have 2 kids and my partner but I still feel alone I never leave the house I have no friends im just not wanting to be in this ridiculous world anymore what do I do im shared of my self and my own dam brain 

9 REPLIES 9
wordman
Senior Contributor

Re: Seizures

@Useless Hello. I refuse to refer to you as useless. I fully understand how uncomfortable and annoying seizures are. It becomes difficult to organize your life without the fear of seizing while out in the community or in any social setting. I hope your seizure activity doesn't stop you from enjoying or participating in life. I read your post and found it to be concerning. I write to you to extend my hand in friendship. Please remain in touch and keep me informed of your progress in life. Please continue to remain in this world. Regard life as being wonderful and you will find it to be wonderful, regardless of any medical, neurological, psychiatric, or any other disorder. I know you have a great deal of understanding as you have had to endure a condition that is uncomfortable. Keep in touch. Keep the faith. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Thank you for your kind reply to @Useless , @wordman . You always have such great words for members here. I think you're such a valuable member on the forums.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

@hanami Hello Hanami. Great to hear from you. Thank you for your support. I hope withnutter faith that you yourself are in great spirits. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Thank you @wordman . Yep I'm doing pretty good after a nice Christmas break 😊

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi there @Useless 

My name is Hanami and I've one of the moderators. It sounds like you're having a really tough time right now. I've sent you an email too as a check-in. Can you please reply to this when you can. I'm so glad you found us here. Do you have support from your GP or a mental health professional? Besides joining her for support the next thing to do is perhaps see about getting a mental health plan from your GP. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hanami

Hey there @Useless just checking in as we have sent you an email and waiting to hear back. I'm sorry to hear how hard things are right now. It must be really exhausting. Do you have any supports in place? 💝

tonys
Senior Contributor

hello,  sorry to here about the unwelcome trials in your life,  and i do hope someone with more knowledge than me reaches out to you.    My only suggestion,  is have you considered talking a "good"  doctor about a medical cannabis trial.   I've seen a docco somewhere about it helping with seizures in children.    Any way ,  the right answer will come and when you least expect it.

Yours with the best intentions.          Tonys......... mb1

Hello, I feel your pain. I too, experienced seizures for many years. Multiple petite a day and approx. Twenty grand mals a year. My life revolved around the question, "what if?" I lived alone and only had one friend. I was never going to get a job, keep a job, or be a suitable partner and have children. I was judged by people who saw me at the moment and even abused by people for using the disabled toilets ( I once had a seizure in a cubicle and was battered badly). The days were dark and grim. My ongoing depression was severe, and I attempted suicide several times. I did, however, hang on. I would educate people about what to do during a seizure. I would control what I could control and try not to stress about what I couldn't. I would put myself out there. From 18 to 35, I was impacted, but things started to improve. I continued taking my tablets, getting enough sleep, etc. Nothing changed in my lifestyle, but seizures were less frequent, and I haven't had any since 2005. 

You are on the right path by reaching out. Finally, you are in control of your actions. Join support groups for others who experience seizures; you may even find some friends. Speak with your GP and ask about how to get ten free Psychologist appointments through Medicare to help with your Depression. You are not alone. Help is out there. All you need to do is ask. 

@Useless, I think @Wolfman wrote a response to you. 

@Wolfman, welcome to the forums! A little tip: If you're responding to someone, type @ before their username, the person you're responding to will get a notification. Otherwise, they may not know that you've responded.   

Thank you for sharing your story of recovery. It is so hopeful and I'm so glad that you've been able to see so much change ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance