Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Vinny
Casual Contributor

Relationship Break up and Anxiety

Hello Forum.

Unfortunately Im going thru an awful break up at the moment and it seem to increase my anxiety no end. Im really concerned this developes into full panic attacks which has happened previously. Apart from this Im totally alone and dont have a soul to talk to . Its very tough at the moment.

Thanks for reading

Vinny

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Relationship Break up and Anxiety

Hi @Vinny, I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds really tough. Do you have a doctor you go to regularly? That could be one place to talk about it. I'm really new to the forum but just posting how I felt earlier today helped me a lot. Take care and you are not alone  

@Vinny  I will tag @Zoe7  here, as I noticed you chatting on the introduce yourself here thread.

I’m sorry you are going through an awful breakup. It’s hard not having anyone to talk to about it. Sometimes, there have been friends known to both , and that makes it really hard when a breakup happens. That’s how it was for me.

I’m glad you have found the forums.  Welcome.

You will find understand here. Take care

Thanks for the supportive words.

Sorry, missed your name.
Thanks again Maggie.

Thanks for the kind and supportive words Brolly . Yes I have a doctor but am considering online counselling with mental services on Mosh. Take care yourself and all the best. Vinny.

Hello @Vinny

Welcome to the forums~ 

I am so sorry to hear how tough things have been. Going through a breakup is not easy at all. I am glad you have found the forums to connect with other peers as you are going through this process. 

Besides the forums, have you heard of the SANE Help Centre? We have great counsellors who can chat with you about your worries and/or anything else you want.

If you feel up for it, you can contact them via phone (1800 18 7263), web-chat, or even book a call with them here (Weekdays 10am-10pm). 

Also, a handy tip- you can use the @ mention function before a member's name so they can receive a notification to your reply Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance