Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Reaching out

Welcome @LadyT and @catalytic  I'm so glad you found us.  It can be very lonely being at home with young kids even though you're rarely actually alone.  I found it that way anyway.  Walls coming in on me.  Too much time to think.  Plus being exhausted means there isn't much energy for the fun stuff.  It's a tough time that definately gets easier as they get older.

I'm sorry to hear that you sometimes wonder if your family would be better off without you @LadyT.  I can promise you that's not the case.  No matter how lousy a day you're having, your family are ALWAYS better off having you with them.  My partner has struggled with depression in the past and used to wonder that at times.  No matter how low he was, there was no question that we wanted him with us and would be devastated without him.  When you get those thoughts please remind yourself that it's just the depression talking.  Along with the sadness comes faulty thinking.  Recognising unhelpful thoughts like that and challenging them is really important.  Maybe even more so than not eating all the chocolate cake 🙂 

I hope you both spend some time with us on the Forums.  It can be nice to have some adult conversation during the day. 

6 week old baby - that is seriously tough, especially with 2 other kids and no support. I hope you can find some support here or on one of the helplines or services. I don't have family support either, but there is help out there. One day at a time mamma x
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @LadyT

How has your week started? Its been a bit crazy here, lots of appointments and not been well with a silly cold! Tomorrow my lil girl has school photos 😄 I love looking back over the last few years of school/kindy/child care photos, but theres been the silliest drama on facebook with parents complaining about the cost of them and the school is upset lol! I sort of think the school shouldnt allow just any one to post on their page and then it wouldnt happen but oh well!

LJ

Thanks for this comment.

I have postnatal depression (1 and 3 year old). It's been ongoing for about 12 months now.

You're comment about quicksand summed it up really well for me. I am finally starting to have some good days, but most days I feel exactly like I'm stuck in quicksand.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one! thanks

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Bubbles81

Welcome to the forums. It's really nice to know that we're not alone in the feelings we have, its one of the best things about being a part of the group here i think.

hope you keep finding the forums helpful and that you'll feel able to post again 🙂

LJ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance