Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: PTSD

Hi my friends, like you all, my husband, not ex-military, but 25 years Fire Fighter NSW. For many years, he has been battling the 'dark clouds' that loom, his somber sad lonely days where he just wants to be left alone.  No matter how much you read up in the academic writings, its 'just not the same' when you live with this 'third party' that consumes our lives.

I have learnt in the last few years that patience is NOW a real second nature. Love, trust, faith and hope that the clouds shink and fade away - but always just in the distance but managed.

My sweet has been going to his psych sessions and his 'happy' pill as he calls it, does help a little. I have learnt just to listen and say 'im hearing you babe......when you're ready for a chat im here'.....

A small smile of support helps him.

I understand your nights of dreams - yes I have experienced some good old mighty kicks.....we laugh about them after the fact......his night sweats, not able to get to sleep, feeling druggy and much more......

People outside our realm 'just dont understand'.....

Used2Be
Senior Contributor

Hi Arc Angel. I am glad some one knows what we have been going through. I am still learning to keep my mouth shut. I have a tendency to jump in and try and help, but this makes me more of a hindrance at times!

Hey Used2Be, I know it's a while since this conversation was running but I just wanted to check in to ask how you are doing now?  Hope things are a little better for you.  Take care, BND

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance