Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Gypsie
Casual Contributor

OCD

Hi i AM new here, and for me opening up is hard work, so i tell you about when all this start for me, last year 2016, i had a mental flip and i was hopitalise on more than one occasion, in the beging i was told i had C-PTSD and Abandament Issues, but 6 months later i was diagnosed as having OCD and PTSD, so for the past 2 years i have been in talk theropy for the PTSD and although that has helped a great deal with my C-PTSD it hasnt overall help my OCD, so every day i still battle with intrusive thoughts and its rather painful, i have been on a range of medications but OH Boy they gave me bad side effects so i decided to go off them a few months ago because i got sick of calling ralf and i was starting to turn yellow.

my family dont talk much so its hard to talk about my condition or explain what goes on in my head so my only out let has been my theropist. and last week was my last talk season so now i would like to concerntraight on OCD Treatment eg. CBT or something like that.

sometimes i have a feeling of pressure on the brain especally the right side when the thoughts are intese and was wondering if anyone els get the same 

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Gypsie
Casual Contributor

OCD

Hi all, having a bad day today MY OCD is over drive today not having a good day, i have my theripist in an hour so hopefully, it will settle down  also can i ask when your thoughts are really bad can you litrally feelm the pressure on your brain, as i can and was wondering if anyone has this too. thanks 

MaryMahem
Senior Contributor

Re: OCD

Well done for taking the plunge and opening up in a public forum. OCD is one of those things that has become a bit of blanket phrase if people like things done a certain way but I know from a friend of mine how debilitating it be. I have PTSD and I get headaches on the left side when I am thinking really obsessive thoughts. I feel like I'm about to have a stroke... I'm sure doing some work on your OCD will help you immensely.
Gypsie
Casual Contributor

mine is not so much headaches but more Pressure like someone has a brick on my head and like my scull is about to break or something, my i ask how have you manged your PTSD eg what type of theropy have you done if you dotn mind me asking

Former-Member
Not applicable

HI @Gypsie 

Welcome tot he forums 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard but it sounds like you have come a long way to understanding yourself and some of the reasons behind your difficulties - i also have a lot of trauma stuff from my past and have a diagnosis of ptsd. which my psychologist just refers to as trauma stuff. 😄 

I think the pressure in the side of you head is really interesting in a way. I wonder if its your brain/body's way of saying that things are getting overwhelming similar to how other people get sensations in the body from anxiety? I get chest pains when im really anxious and sometimes if i can stop and do a body relaxation/breathing exercise it will subside a bit, other times it just stays all day. 

I really hope you find the forums helpful, there are many people here who are recovering from ptsd/trauma stuff. 

take care

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Hi @Gypsie

Welcome to the forum and it's great you have opened up here and shared your difficulties - 

I don't have OCD myself but I can share that I had a bestie who had it way back when I was young - I couldn't understand what she was doing but I was just learning how to run a house myself and learned a lot - but her obsession made her very ill and that is her story - I know though how distressing it can be from the outside

Not having family that will talk about things - my original family is still like that - I don't have anything to do with them now but it does make things harder when you can't discuss these things

About the intrusive thoughts - I saw a programme on SBS a couple of weeks ago - called OCD of you have playback or can get a DVD - it explained what happens in the brain of a person with OCD and I can tell you a little

We all have random thoughts - mostly we either act on the thoughts once or we ignore them but sometimes some trauma causes our brains to have a loop in our thinking and this causes the random thoughts to bounce through the brain and return to the same area and the need to act on whatever those thoughts are because essential and people have to act on them even though this is entirely unnecessary and exhausting - wearing you down day after day 

And they are all sorts of thoughts - varying from one person to another - and this is so difficult

So going back to my best friend years ago - I could see from the outside how ill she was - I have a bit of knowledge about the trauma she had experienced and was still having in the PTSD - I have PTSD myself

Best thing is to know you are not off the scale - not alone - and it is so good you have shared here and I think this can be made less through therapy

My best thoughts

Dec

Hi @Gypsie,

I am sorry that your post has not yet received an answer. How did your your experience with the therapist go? Have things gotten better for you?

If you are interested in hearing more about others experiences with OCD, you can check out a Topic Tuesday thread that aired in July 2017, here. You may also be interested in reading the guides @HannaBanana13 uploaded via this thread, here.

I hope things have gotten better for you, @Gypsie!

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

flipper
Senior Contributor

Hi @Gypsie,

It's almost been a couple of weeks since your original post, how is everything going? Did you have a chance to check out some of the links Amour_et_psyche posted?

Hope to hear from you again,

- Flipper

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Hi @Gypsie,

I have just merged your two discussions together here so its easier for everyone to be part of your journey with OCD. We will get notified when you post updates on how you are feeling or progressing now within this thread.

Best wishes,

Lauz

Jen1561
Casual Contributor

Hi @Gypsie how is everything going? Would be interested in hearing a follow up post from you..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance