Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Faye92
New Contributor

OCD where to begin

Hi All,

First time using this forum but i thought it may help. I've been suffering with bad anxiety and OCD, I think I've suffered anxiety the past few years but managed to cope until the past few months when multiple stresses seem to have brought on my OCD. There was the odd thing I was particular about having suffered acne in the past like using a particular cleanser and washing powder but I was functioning and overall fairly happy for the most part. Recently one day it just felt like a switch went off and I just went from coping to not able to carry out usual things without severe anxiety and doubt surrounding those normal things. I can honestly say now having experienced OCD, it's the most difficult thing I've faced and I never really understood it until I have suffered from it. I find talking to people about it quite difficult as I feel they don't understand and it's something we just make ourselves do, they don't understand it is an illness much like anxiety depression etc. I would like to know if anyone here has suffered anxiety and OCD and how they overcame it? I will be going to therapy to help but wonder if hyponosis or any other things can help also? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: OCD where to begin

Hello @Faye92

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you 🙂

That sounds really difficult with your OCD and anxiety symptoms coming up within the last couple of months, it is good you are reaching out on the forums for extra support at the moment.

There are a couple of other threads where members have discussed their experiences with OCD, @Gypsie has a great thread called 'OCD' you might like to read through. There is also another great thread by @Tim_H called 'Treatment for OCD'

We also ran a Topic Tuesday in July called 'Managing Compulsions' that might be worth reading through too 🙂

Look forward to getting to know you,

Lunar

Re: OCD where to begin

go to the youtube  ocd take back control of your life video    this guy suffers from ocd and understands what we go through, I listened to his story and this man has changed my life… just wanted to share that there is hope out there, and I myself have suffered with type o ocd for likd 27 yrs and his insights really make a difference….do yourself a favor and just listen if you truly want help…I know its working for me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance