Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Musiclover
Contributor

Hi, Im new to this.  Ive joined mainly because I suffer from loneliness and need to make friends, I have just a few friends but theyre never available to do anything with.  I love movies, travel, rock music, the beach and health and fitness.  Im married with 2 adult children who still live at home but Ive been unhappy in my marriage for a long time and dont do anything with my husband. Also work part time as a support worker but its not very fulfilling.  Hope to get to know some of you on this forum. Feel free to message me if you wish. 

18 REPLIES 18
Whitehawk
Senior Contributor

Re: Newbie

Hi @Musiclover 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.  I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.

I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Here are a two threads you can jump into.. One is to introduce yourself to the whole community. The other is a very welcoming event every Saturday. 
Introduce yourself here
Saturday Soiree

Take care.

Whitehawk

WT28
New Contributor

Hey! im also new to this too. I actually came to check this site out because my therapist suggested it would be a great way of connecting since im lonely too. Im 24 years old, married with two children as well. My hobbys are reading books, writing, art, listening to sax & violin, walks on the beach and hikes in nature, i suffer from BPD, PTSD, OCD, and anxiety. I try to keep my circle small because its hard for me to trust, i would like to open the door to having more connections with either who might be on a similar boat. I had a bpd episode few days ago, ive been doing really well in managing it all but these past few days was like pressing down on a beachball in the ocean it was bound to just spring back up again. 

Hello @WT28 

Let me welcome you also to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.  I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.

I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Here are a two threads you can jump into.. One is to introduce yourself to the whole community. The other is a very welcoming event every Saturday. 
Introduce yourself here
Saturday Soiree

Take care.

Whitehawk

hello and welcome @WT28@Musiclover 

how are you today , we are here for you 

@BPDSurvivor@NatureLover 

Thanks.  I am hanging in there.  Not feeling great, appalling weather in Melbourne today so i cant even go for a walk and get some much needed exercise. Ill just have to listen to music or something today. Hooe you r fine.

hello @Musiclover , sending you understanding hugs 

this is when we need our coping box more then ever to keep on keeping on 

do you have any furbabies ?

remember to put a @ in front of members name so they will receive your message 

see you met @eth  last night 

@greenpea@frog 

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Musiclover  Hey Musiclover and welcome to the forums. Love greenpeax:)

Thanks. I need to know that there are people who care. Going through a difficult period now and im not coping. X

Hi @Musiclover @WT28 !

A huge welcome to the forums. Here you will definitely find like-minded people. People who are real. People who have lived through or are living through what you are currently contending with - it does not sound like a pleasant experience to feel alone, isolated and without direction, but there is hope. Just as a stormy dark cloud lifts (such as our current Melbourne weather), these clouds of depression will also lift.

In terms of feeling alone, it is so good that you are able to reach out. Having been diagnosed with BPD, I always felt empty and alone. I envied those who had moved on in life while I was still 'stuck' - not knowing where to go and what to do; petrified of relationships; afraid of stuffing up; anxious about hurting people. The more I envied the life of these people, the more depressed I felt. Despite having people around me, I was alone. Over the years, I've learnt to accept who I am. I've learnt not to live in the past and all my failures, nor live in the future and all the anxiety it brings. I've learnt to live TODAY - in the NOW. I can't make a difference to the past, nor change what the future holds, but I have full control of NOW. I can practise the skills I have been taught through all my therapy sessions. I can tick off tasks from my list of things to do today. I can try reach out to others (such like what you have done). I want to make a difference to people's life.

Have you read the book or seen the clip by the World Health Organization, 'I had a black dog'? Here is the link :

https://youtu.be/XiCrniLQGYc

It totally captures life for many... that black dog just overtakes and grows. 

@Musiclover , I'm sorry you are finding things difficult at the moment. I'm glad you know that you know music helps you. What are some other things you find soothing? When I'm in distress, I like to hide under my weighted blanket. I feel protected and secure. Otherwise, if I am able, I go for a run outside to get my blood going. As a support worker, as much as you don't find the work fulfilling, do you enjoying being with people? I work in the education industry, and thrive on working with children and families. It keeps me going to the point that I'm happy to be alone at the end of each day.

@WT28 , I've been diagnosed with BPD for over 15 years. Although struggles come with it, I am so glad I have BPD. I have learnt so much on my BPD journey. I've have learnt so much about myself and others. I would not be the person I am today, nor be able to help the people I do if it wasn't for BPD. I see BPD as a challenge to embrace. You can really do so much with it. Relationships are tricky, but defintely not impossible. It is about reaching out of your comfort zone and trying something new. I'm happy to speak into this space if you have any questions.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

BPDSurvivor

Thanks for tagging me @Shaz51 !

At its worst, depression can be a frightening, debilitating condition. Millions of people around the world live with depression. Many of these individuals and their families are afraid to talk about their struggles, and don't know where to turn for help. However, depression is largely preventable
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance