Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Denv12
Senior Contributor

New member.Just joined.OCD/agoraphobic sufferer.

I was told about this forum earlier today.

I have OCD and agoraphobia.I'm from South Oz.I try to deal with everyday stuff as best as I can.I cope most of the time.I look after myself.

I'll get used to this forum.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New member.Just joined.OCD/agoraphobic sufferer.

I try to deal with everyday stuff too! Hello fellow Millie! 

Hi Millie.

I found an easier way to help.

Hey Denv12,

Welcome to the forums, glad you found us!

It's great that you look after yourself. Did you want to share how you manage your OCD & agoraphobia?

I think I've missed something here Denv & Che - who/what is Millie ( I couldn't find a confused looking emoticon picture to insert here 🙂 )

Welcome again Denv, hope you find the forums useful!

Nik

Hi Nik.

You didnt miss anything.Unfoprtunately the link,etc were removed.

All I can tell you is I'm doing pressure points excercises.I found a website showing pressure points for various symptoms.I do them twice a day.I also found 2 books.

Chris.

Thanks Nic.

Hi Denv12,

I've not yet had a chance to say welcome you. So 'hi' *waves* and welcome!

Thanks for sharing a bit yourself. Glad to hear that you manage your OCD and agoraphobia on most days.

I was wondering if you have tried online self-help offter through Mental Health Online. They have online programs for anxiety disorders, which could be helpful.

Once again, welcome. I look forward to seeing more of you online. 

CB

Hi Denv,

Welcome!

Good on you for doing your best to look after yourself. 

I have had ocassional agoraphobia - really bad after 2009 bushfires and now periodically if I get extremely stressed. When I'm bad I have trouble making myself leave the house, if I have to go out to shop for food I can't remember what I need nor find the list; I also struggle with using the telephone or even opening mail when I a really stressed out. So I take my hat off to anyone who suffers from this in an ongoing way and yet keeps looking for ways to function better.

The pressure points sounds interesting, it's a shame about the link getting snipped Smiley Sad.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Hi Kristin.

I understand how stress affects our body.Its a nightmare but there are safe things we can do without consuming things and its free.

The pressure points thing are just a list of symptoms where you would click on to a symptom,you would then find diagrams showing pressure points that reduce the severity of the problem and you make progress from there.An internet search for pressure point or acupressure point diagrams is a good start.As for books I just looked through books that catered for health issues and read up.I bought 2 books that way.The OCD has taken a beating because of it.I win,OCD loses.And I did it didnt cost me anything except a few minutes twice a day then I bought the books.

Chris.

Hi CB.

I hope you're going okay.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Through the use of some pressure point charts and a few minutes each day I have made some progress.Most of the ocd has gone.Even the chronic fatigue syndrome has eased off too.I've had that for years.

Regards Chris.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance