Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

Yikes @Sophie1 

Family demands and pressures can really deplete us at times ... 

The garden has long been my happy place, weeding, watering, planting, having a coffee in the garden ... 

I also find that I am refreshed when I am in the right place at the right time with the appropriate resources to help someone out. This can be finding a funny that is right for the occasion, an op shop find/something on sale / a gift that I know someone particularly needs and would appreciate, going out for coffee, helping someone do a mini declutter,  cooking a meal/other recipe that can be shared that is a culinary triumph .... so many more things.

Thx @Former-Member for sharing your ideas - interesting to see what energises and calms at the same time - gardening sounds rewarding 🌷 and coffees/tea I always love ️ ...  interesting re your thoughts on how helping others makes you feel and the different ways you have found to help others - I will try to notice this too and think of more creative targeted ways to help .. you have really made me think - Thankyou Darcy 🙏 sleep well 😴 

@Sophie1 

Then there is music, time with our pets, reading,  knitting  + more 😀

Good evening all, how are we all? 

The last 24 hours have been a living hell for me. The husband was taken into hospital by ambulance last night from an attempt... Id thought that the loneliness was getting easier but I was wrong. 

He now wont be back home for some time between hospital and rehab stays. I know Im going to struggle with the kids alone.

Just wish the magic mental health fairy would come and blow her magic mental health dust on us. 

Mrs Jones x 

@Mrsjones 

Sending very very gentle thoughts your way. 

Thank you @Former-Member
Any tips on keeping the world turning when your partners isnt....???

@Mrsjones 

Here also. 

@Mrsjones  no easy answer to that ☹

1 day at a time. And get support (practicle and emotional)  wherever you can.  

How old are your children? 

When my darling was last away we had 3 children between 1 and 11 

I don't know how  I would have managed without outside support. 

Really feeling for you at the moment. 

My children are 9 weeks and 8 years. My son is disabled which offers its own set of challenges.
I am lucky I get heaps of support from my family, just feel so bad for leaning on them. Wish I could tackle it more independently (thats just my pride speaking).
Its times like this where I realise how much I rely on him both physically and emotionally. I hope I can get better at this - this is now the 5th time in 12 months his been admitted.
Sorry to bring down this otherwise very beautiful Saturday night, hope you all are having a relaxing night.

At first I was quite numb and went through the motions @Mrsjones , hubby was initially in ICU, needed surgery. My heart ached.  I sometimes allowed myself to feel the pain and cry at night. 

I rang the suicide support line when I needed to speak to someone 1300 659 467

Chat also available

https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au

I got counseling through Carers Australia - there is a phone service through the carer gateway

line https://counselling.carergateway.gov.au/s/

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance