Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Chris
Senior Contributor

My best friend Well not human

No, I suspect like many people on this forum,my best friend has four legs is furry and purrs (sorry dog lovers. Ive had one of those but that's another story)

My first encounter was at the age of about three. A tabby kitten called Tiggy.(I have no idea where that name came from)Well I carried her everywhere.And of course she went to bed with me could do anything with her.including dress her up in dolls clothes.Jacket bonnet mittens, and in to my big dolls pram and take her for a walk and when she had had enough she would run off clothes and all.She was still alive when I left my home country at the age of nineteen.

Many years later here in Australia decided to go to the RSPCA. Well i went knowing I wanted a ginger cat,but that wasn't to be,because this kitten kept smooching me and purred very loud, so she came home with me. Now my husband doesn't like cats does he, so he hit the roof and kept saying its going back, and I kept saying shes staying, Well guess who won? Cat are very intuitive creatures. That night she sat on the lounge watching my husband, and gradually she made her way round and attempted to sit on his knee.

She was a real affectionate cat and would sleep with me curling up really close. We went through alot together and for about five years she was my soul . I would often wake up and she would have her head on the pillow next to me,her front paws crossed and touching my arm.There was another occasion she was sitting across the room from me and I was reading.She kept looking at me intently and made her way across to me and sat on my chest so I couldn't read. Sadly I lost her suddenly a few years ago.

Now my current boy. Oh my goodness. Ive never known a cat like him. One minute he loves you, the next he sinks his teeth into you.He was the most beautiful kitten you have ever seen. It was love at first sight. He was so curious, so bold, so active.Doesn't sit on my knee much,which makes me sad. He is like his human mother and suffers from anxiety,but we seem to be getting that a bit better controlled. The vet told me for the more problem children they can give antipsycotic drugs. The feramone seems to be working ok now.

Its easy to love a cat, what is it unconditional love. They don't expect much of you,just feed them,keep them healthy.Its easy to show them affection.There's nothing better than scooping them up, and cuddling into them.Telling them all your troubles,crying into there furr,go to sleep with them in your arms. There so knowing, even my ninja ginger. He looks at me intently when im upset,crying,he comes in close for a better look.

I guess some would say its sad that my best friend is my cat.I have no human friends.Ive been there and done that.At my age i don't really care too much of what people think. I know I still have the capacity to be a caring human being to people generally.

1 REPLY 1

Re: My best friend Well not human

Hey Chris, you will notice a lot of folk here are fond of the furry gods! Currently, it is just after 0600 hrs, and I was given an early morning wake up call as madam wanted breakfast before beating the bounds of her Kingdom. Have you noticed that a cat goes from limp unconsciousness to wide awake? MissDaisyMae is a tripped mackerel tabby who has had me sorted for some time. I have a horrible feeling I can't really afford a pet but I try not to worry about that.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance